Has anyone ever had a book published?

You can't just leave it there - for some reason I immediatly thought you were the backing vocals for Lee Marvins "I was born under a wandering star! :hihi: - tell us more!

In my teens, I was a boy soprano - singing in chapel anniversaries, harvest festivals, etc. So, before my voice broke, my voice was preserved when I recorded such chapel favourites as "Bless This House", "O For The Wings of a Dove", "Jerusalem", and a selection of traditional British songs, e.g., "Danny Boy", "Skye Boat Song", etc.

You will be relieved to know that there is only ONE copy of this record! :hihi:

Funny, but true story......

Whilst working in a children's home, I once played the record to all the kids, and offered a prize if they could correctly guess which member of staff was singing. The Head of the Home was appointed as an independent judge, and he collated all the written answers before announcing them.

The score went something like this....

Aunty Kath = 8 votes

Aunty Christa = 7 votes

Aunty Sue = 7 votes

Aunty Gina = 4 votes

When it as announced that it was actually Uncle John singing on the record, a near riot broke out as the kids alleged a fiddle! :hihi:

And before anyone asks.....NO, you don't ever want to listen to it! :roll:

I was just going to ask to hear the recording.!! Better not.!!:D

Don't be cheapskate Rich! JoeP may need the dosh - so go and BUY it instead! :hihi:

I've never written a book - but I did once make a record.

Yeah mate, you hold the record for not turning up to Dev Cat meets!

Ha ha ha! Boom Boom! :lol:

*Gets coat*

Seriously I would probably buy Joe's book from Amazon or somewhere, I know the poor bloke's skint.

Never had anything published but my old English teacher at School used to tell me she looked forward to reading my first novel, I've always been good at story writing you see even as far back as when I was at School.

Have you submitted a story to The Writers Group yet Rich? You should try one if you are good at writing.

Have you submitted a story to The Writers Group yet Rich? You should try one if you are good at writing.

Yeah I've done a few actually, have a look.

I'm actually working on a few more at the moment, I'll see if I can get them off the computer at College and upload them, I can't upload them from College cos they charge £2.50 for half hour's Internet access.

Yeah I've done a few actually, have a look.

I'm actually working on a few more at the moment, I'll see if I can get them off the computer at College and upload them, I can't upload them from College cos they charge £2.50 for half hour's Internet access.

O.K. I havent read any of your stories on here, Rich, but I will do tonight. Are they all on the same theme ?

This is my first posting here. I've just PM'ed to ask to join the Writers' Group.

I've had a few non-fiction books published under various names, and some journalism.

Hennypenny, who published your first book? And who have you signed with for your second? It's always exciting, getting that contract.

I just got my second non-fiction book published. It took a while to get another published, but I think this new publisher likes to have lots of books for sale.

It is on Amizon.

Come on then, Hellbender, post a link to your books so that we can have a good look at them!

if you look at his personal profile, there's a link to his homepage on there :)

I just got my second non-fiction book published. It took a while to get another published, but I think this new publisher likes to have lots of books for sale.

It is on Amizon.

Blimey, you must be tremendously proud.

I just looked, and wish I hadn't.

Hellbender's book is published by PublishAmerica, which is a notorious vanity press. That's not to say his book is bad--it actually sounds interesting. But PA will publish anything at all, good OR bad, and they have a horrible reputation for mistreating their writers in all sorts of ways. What a shame.

Listen: I don't object to self-publishing, which can be an excellent route for some books. But I do object to publishers which scam, deceive or otherwise abuse the writers who they publish. If any of you is considering publishing your work, then for goodness' sake do your research and make sure the company you're considering is reputable. PM me if you like. I'm happy to advise. Or go to http://www.absolutewrite.com, and post on the "bewares and background checks" part of the forum there. You'll get good advice.