Has anyone ever had a book published?

just wondered as there seems to be a few writers on here and just wondered if anyone had one published and how did it do

Never had anything published but my old English teacher at School used to tell me she looked forward to reading my first novel, I've always been good at story writing you see even as far back as when I was at School.

Our first book should be published anytime around now :). It won't be on general sale though as it is for the clients family.

We have just had an advance for our second book.

Our first book should be published anytime around now :). It won't be on general sale though as it is for the clients family.

We have just had an advance for our second book.

hennypenny, you must be very proud of that.

I had several books on computers, amateur radio and chaos theory / fractals published in the 1980s and 1990s.

Been quiet for a few years now, but hope to get something back on the shelves real soon now. :)

I had several books on computers, amateur radio and chaos theory / fractals published in the 1980s and 1990s.

Been quiet for a few years now, but hope to get something back on the shelves real soon now. :)

Blimey, didnt know that , Joe. Must be very hard work producing one.

Let us know when it comes out and I might look it up :)

Blimey, didnt know that , Joe. Must be very hard work producing one.

I enjoyed doing them immensley.

I stopped writing when I did my MBA in the mid 1990s, and never really got back in to it as I had my 'anni horribilis' in the late 1990s which pushed all thoughts of book writing from my head.

It's exciting when you strt, gets tedious as you write, and towards the end you're begging for it to be all over.

then one day it is, and you start thinking....hmmmm...what next. :)

I enjoyed doing them immensley.

I stopped writing when I did my MBA in the mid 1990s, and never really got back in to it as I had my 'anni horribilis' in the late 1990s which pushed all thoughts of book writing from my head.

It's exciting when you strt, gets tedious as you write, and towards the end you're begging for it to be all over.

then one day it is, and you start thinking....hmmmm...what next. :)

Someone who writes a computer book has to be very clever.Would love to read one, but know joe likes to keep his privacy.

Let us know when it comes out and I might look it up :)

Don't be cheapskate Rich! JoeP may need the dosh - so go and BUY it instead! :hihi:

I've never written a book - but I did once make a record.

I've never written a book - but I did once make a record.

You can't just leave it there - for some reason I immediatly thought you were the backing vocals for Lee Marvins "I was born under a wandering star! :hihi: - tell us more!

Contributed to some books before (Guide to Children's Books and a Guide to the National Curriculum) but nothing in my own right as yet. Worked in publishing for years, but London took it's toll, and now freelance edit and proof-read, and dream of writing own stuff again!