Royal Mail on Strike (Again)

Be careful - if you express those kind of opinions you'll start getting abusive PM's from RM employees who think they have a right to a job for life and to dictate what their management can afford to pay them in a marketplace where they're losing contracts because they can't become efficient without modernisation and the inevitable job cuts.

lol

i hope payroll will pay you next week again and then again until it adds up to full week, and then take it off so that it would hit you guys hard.

obstute? well...who knows, perhaps:hihi:, but i can do and have done your job standing on my head faster and without winging (sorting, colecting and delivering and can tell you that you guys are definately overpaid for what you do), but i doubt you can do mine, he-he.

glad to see you can do my job standing on your head .because i have worked as postie for 10years and have yet to see a manager that can do his/her..job at all.by the way as you know they is the small matter of 40000 jobs that we are also fighting for and guess what they will be starting from top downwards

Are they on strike today? I am waiting on some papers and textbooks for my university course. I was expecting them to arrive today aswell, bloodyhell

Be careful - if you express those kind of opinions you'll start getting abusive PM's from RM employees who think they have a right to a job for life and to dictate what their management can afford to pay them in a marketplace where they're losing contracts because they can't become efficient without modernisation and the inevitable job cuts.

:D:D

Are they on strike today? I am waiting on some papers and textbooks for my university course. I was expecting them to arrive today aswell, bloodyhell

Limited deliveries today, we haven't had any at work, and only one collection from post boxes outside post offices. There will be no collections from any other post box.

Well I guess my paperwork wil not be arriving today, grr I really wanted to get a study plan drawn up aswell. Hope it does not go astray in the backlog like the last lot did :rant:

Oh look, no post again today.

Why exactly are they striking? Is it over pay? If thats the case and they're not happy with the pay. Why don't they just get a new job?

I'd like to be paid more money but unfortunately it isn't going to happen. Thats life, get over it! If our bosses paid us all exactly what we asked for then we'd all be on £200,000 a year!!!!

Who exactly do they think they are to tell their superiors that they want more money or they're going to refuse to work? So what if they're part of a union?

It's a complete and utter joke.

Whats a joke is some arse hole that as not a clue what they are talking about, You must be one of these people not got a money care in the world I guess. Go get a job at burger king on minimum wage see if you want a increase in the next ten years pay for your ever inflating bills dickwat.

Whats a joke is some arse hole that as not a clue what they are talking about, You must be one of these people not got a money care in the world I guess. Go get a job at burger king on minimum wage see if you want a increase in the next ten years pay for your ever inflating bills dickwat.

I wish I didn't have a money care in the world.

I just accept the fact that I get paid what I get paid and I'll get a pay rise when I'm due one. I know that I can't demand a pay rise when I feel like it.

By the way, no need for abuse like that. I wouldn't want to have to report you.

Well there is the option to find another job, I do not have the best paid job in the world our union are in the middle of organising strike after strike. Luckily for me our household is non reliant on my income. I know the chances of evergetting a decent payrise for my underapriciated work are slim, so over the next few year's I will be working hard studying to get a qualification that will enable me to get a better paid job in a few years time. It seems far more logical to me to do this than wasting my time and money getting all heated under the collar about strikes and how unfair my employer is.

Well I would be if the sodding materials had arrived Grrr

Seems as though people think jobs like everything else is disposable,you go to work to have a good life retire enjoy your retirement.Changing jobs will not lead to a good pension got nearly 20 years in at post office looking forward to retiring me and my wife kicking back few hols. you people think its ok to flit from job to job just bare it in mind soon comes round. £100 a week from dhss don't go far.

Seems as though people think jobs like everything else is disposable,you go to work to have a good life retire enjoy your retirement.Changing jobs will not lead to a good pension got nearly 20 years in at post office looking forward to retiring me and my wife kicking back few hols. you people think its ok to flit from job to job just bare it in mind soon comes round. £100 a week from dhss don't go far.

If someone wants to be set for life with a big house, big car, holidays and big pension then they should be a bit more ambitious than spending 20 years working on the post.

Posties take a week to be trained up. With such criteria it is hardly likely that it is going to lead to an affluent lifestyle is it?

And another thing, 20 years working is nothing. Nothing. I've been working for 17 years and I'm in my early 30's. Should I be looking to settle into retirement and a few holidays with the wife? Does the country owe my something? No, it does not. So why does it owe you because you've put in 20 years in one of the easiest jobs imaginable?

And BTW any casual observers who are unaware of what posties earn, its around 15K a year plus overtime. Hardly a poor salary considering it needs a weeks training and an IQ of about 80.

And this is not a dig at all posties, I know that most of them are opposed to the strike and are simply towing the union line. Also most of them are well, well above the basic criteria I have set out above, but do it because the job and the hours suit them.

As for your final comment about dhss, I presume that you mean state pension? Perhaps you should have thought about that when you were younger. Like everybody else has to.

I dont intend flitting from job to job, I have been with the civil service for the last six year's and intend to be for the next four, then I intend on getting a better paid job and pension when I get my degree. At the end of the day life is what you make it and no job is secure for life these days anyway.

so turning to the reality of postal deliveries when did this strike start and when can we expect to be back to a normal service, ie receive our post. Thanks