Royal Mail on Strike (Again)

Alot of the current managers started off, just like you, don't you think they understand what's going on..

honestly, no. How can they? There's more post than ever and they expect less people to deliver it, in a shorter time. To believe that's possible you need to be illogical or ignorant or stupid or all three! Someone said on the radio today, as long as mail is being delivered you will always need someone walking up your garden path! (might be able to get along without quite so many HR people or middle managers though...eh?)

After their first week of being a manager they preach that all deliveries are easy, postmen are lazy and their past lives are soon forgotten.

Amnesia must be an essential qualification of being an RM manager.

Most managers anywhere, I work for ...well, lets say "a major telecommunications company" and the majority are just as dense there, believe me.

Mail is increasing, but due to DSA RM are getting less revenue, so has to make cutts to get back on track, (surely you can see this), We will always deliver the last mile,

Are all your walks in the Office equal, the ones at my office aren't, so if they were equal we would loose deliveries.Therefore jobs...

To my mind the Royal mail is a public service. Nobody expects the army to make a profit!... But if it has to go the way of the Gas, Electric< water & Telecoms "industries", (that is run purely for profit, & sod the customer"), even then....the absolute last place to look for cuts is the front line people (ie postpeople) who actually make the money for the company.

Mail is increasing, but due to DSA RM are getting less revenue, so has to make cutts to get back on track, (surely you can see this), We will always deliver the last mile,

Are all your walks in the Office equal, the ones at my office aren't, so if they were equal we would loose deliveries.Therefore jobs...

If the top management, ie Crozier and Leighton, had the guts to stand up to the government and regulating bodies Royal Mail would be still playing the opposition on equal terms. As it is they were completely spineless and said yes Prime Minister, is my gong in the post Prime Minister, of course we can make it work Prime Minister.

Now the going is getting a bit tough they do the usual kneejerk reaction and say to save costs we must cut jobs.

ok, discussed with my line manager and the response is:

"As there will be less posties, there will be less HR people to support them - fact, so it is possible the one's job might be on the line, unless your job IS to make cuts and reduce costs, then they will definately keep you"

something for you to think about...:loopy:

Be quite happy for them to give me EVR think you have more to worry about if your knowledge and intelligence is so high you have to consult your manager. I seem to remember managers at brightside lane saying (on the 25/6) just as the rivers coming down brightside we all right come to work thats a contradiction of what the police national tv etc was saying!! So you keep listening to your manager I am sure he will not sell you down the river at there next cuts DUR!!!!!

Don't believe what they tell you about dsa rm as a company are making a profit you not realised they dont spend as much to collect process nationally and deliver. Some donkey like tnt etc fetchs it to us we process locally an deliver. Thge only this it affects is drivers obviosly the don't need to use as many vans to collect mail, but we stiil process and deliver that quantities up not down.

Sheldon most managers agree with us but cannot openly admit they do they are next in the firing line. am getting sad spendind to much on this time for a beer while I am on strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be quite happy for them to give me EVR think you have more to worry about if your knowledge and intelligence is so high you have to consult your manager. I seem to remember managers at brightside lane saying (on the 25/6) just as the rivers coming down brightside we all right come to work thats a contradiction of what the police national tv etc was saying!! So you keep listening to your manager I am sure he will not sell you down the river at there next cuts DUR!!!!!

are you completely "wise" that you don't get my response to sheldon??

for those who are as "wise" as darrell (note to darrell: this is sarcastic comment) "i discussed it with my line manager" was a joke, response to a stupid remark made by sheldon

What's EVR? lol

So - how do you know out of the 40K job cuts threatened yours isn't one of them?

Get back to me when you have had a chance to discuss your reply with your line manager..........

He no doubt believes he is safe. Notts miners got letters from Thatcher telling them their jobs were safe. Guess what happened. I know from listening in to management conversations and reading 'confidential' letters at my place that have done the rounds that the top management see scab managers as weak and easy to sack as they will receive no support from anyone.