Royal Mail on Strike (Again)

Probably still in the post. I'm waiting for some football shirts to come, one of them is coming from Argentina, I have absolutely no idea when thats going to turn up! My credit card statement is also due now, lets see when it does actually arrive....

My expected Items have again failed to arrive, :rant: I swear, if they go missing in the backlog like my mail after the last strike, I will have a posti's head on a stick :rant: this stuff is really important and was needed like Yesterday

My expected Items have again failed to arrive, :rant: I swear, if they go missing in the backlog like my mail after the last strike, I will have a posti's head on a stick :rant: this stuff is really important and was needed like Yesterday

I ain't your postie and have you thought in the thousands of items he or she as to deliver probably not there fault either.They can only deliver what arrives at there office, sometimes the people that are sending make mistakes also only human like us even if some people think we are a bit simple:loopy:gag:

My offspring is a sorter at a certain Royal Mail sorting office, not a million miles away from the city centre.

When he got home from work he said that the backlog was already 'so bad', they were being told to sort and allocate mail for Saturday deliveries...and this was Wednesday night, already 3 days behind....

First class or Second, packet or envelope, makes no odds, pal - you're gonna have to wait!

If someone wants to be set for life with a big house, big car, holidays and big pension then they should be a bit more ambitious than spending 20 years working on the post.

Posties take a week to be trained up. With such criteria it is hardly likely that it is going to lead to an affluent lifestyle is it?

And another thing, 20 years working is nothing. Nothing. I've been working for 17 years and I'm in my early 30's. Should I be looking to settle into retirement and a few holidays with the wife? Does the country owe my something? No, it does not. So why does it owe you because you've put in 20 years in one of the easiest jobs imaginable?

And BTW any casual observers who are unaware of what posties earn, its around 15K a year plus overtime. Hardly a poor salary considering it needs a weeks training and an IQ of about 80.

And this is not a dig at all posties, I know that most of them are opposed to the strike and are simply towing the union line. Also most of them are well, well above the basic criteria I have set out above, but do it because the job and the hours suit them.

As for your final comment about dhss, I presume that you mean state pension? Perhaps you should have thought about that when you were younger. Like everybody else has to.

Never known anyone learn our job in a week only to tip bags and go on meter even a baboon could do that. Takes years to learn ips not know anyone learn most of the roads in sheffield in 1 week. But obviously you are an experienced postie and know all this (not). Don't you think anyone deserves a pay rise not everyone wants to change jobs just to get a pay rise and its 15k basic and at least its honest work. Talking about retirement I am in my 40s and yes thinking about retirement or more a pension(never thought I would but realisticly).:huh:

Is anybody waiting for anything important that's stuck in the post?

i am waiting for some parcels sent last wednesday thought i might get them yesterday but no

Whats happening with the post today?

Looked on the Royal Mail site and theres no action till tonight, and thats only Airmail etc.

We still haven't had any post at work though, its never this late.... :huh:

Is anybody waiting for anything important that's stuck in the post?

Yes Hardly and Nervous!!

Whats happening with the post today?

Looked on the Royal Mail site and theres no action till tonight, and thats only Airmail etc.

We still haven't had any post at work though, its never this late.... :huh:

Mail centre on strike 7pm till 7pm thursday 9th next week wednesday 15th 7pm till 7pm delivery's not sure either 1 day or 2 days after ours.

Delivery on strike Saturday 11th

I am waiting for a memory chip posted last wednesday (recorded delivery) still have not recieved it thought it might come today but no sign of it :rant:

if these postmen/woman are not willing to do the job but would rather go on strike then sack them all :rant::rant::rant:

I am sure there are many people willing and able to do the job those people who are unemployed would jump at a chance to get a well paid job with royal mail

I am waiting for a memory chip posted last wednesday (recorded delivery) still have not recieved it thought it might come today but no sign of it :rant:

if these postmen/woman are not willing to do the job but would rather go on strike then sack them all :rant::rant::rant:

I am sure there are many people willing and able to do the job those people who are unemployed would jump at a chance to get a well paid job with royal mail

And how long will they work before they want a pay rise before they are talking about stiking. You are not the only person waiting for a packet (memory also) sympathy would not go amiss. Dont know if you realised but when we strike they don't pay us so don't you not think we are fighting for something worth fighting for contrary to belief.