Minimum Age to join a gym?

How old have you got to be to join a gym?

Is it 18?

Because i turn 16 soon... and need to lose a few lbs :)

You know how it is...

haha

Thanks xxx

The minimum age requirement to use or join is 16 years of age. If the joiner is under 18, parental consent is required.

From....

But it could possibly differ for different gyms. :confused:

i think most are 16. i know that the fitness unlimited (ponds forge,hillsborough etc) is 16.

I know Living Well's min age is 16

What with the amount of obese children there is today I think it would be an idea to allow younger children to use gyms,they don't have to use weights just walking on the treadmill or using the bikes would help surely

What with the amount of obese children there is today I think it would be an idea to allow younger children to use gyms,they don't have to use weights just walking on the treadmill or using the bikes would help surely

i agree on this one, probs say 12-17 accompanied by an adult and have one of the personal trainers do up a routine for them. Exercise is also a feel good thing to do and wat with the bullying and torment larger kids may have to go thru its a good thing all round.

springs do a kids / teenager fitness session where you can use the equipment, think its over 11's, probably do at the other centres too, give them a ring to double check times etc.

I think it would be an idea to allow younger children to use gyms

Don't kids get exercise at school these days? I'm not saying kids should not be allowed to use gyms but then if they did 30 - 45 mins PE a Day its wouldn't be such a big issue

My neighbours daughter is 14 and she goes to the gym on her own, not sure which 1 though, so i suppose they differ.

shine4u.org

This is an organisation that supports obese and overweight young people aged 10-17 in their battle in losing weight.

the OP can go to Don Valley, not sure if you could join the gym but there are lots of under 16s and around that age doing allsorts of activities, from running, to track and field. Worth a look or google i'd say!