Why do people with babies think it's OK to use disabled toilets?

not all baby changing rooms has a toilet,ive used some that havent ...... also there could be a mum in there breastfeeding so the room will be occupied for alot longer. when you have a screaming baby that needs a nappy change and the parent/baby room is full then if there is a pull down unit in the disabled toilet and no one else is useing it then i dont see what is wrong with using it for a quick change,it only takes a few minutes.

Was just scanning through to see if anyone else was going to mention breastfeeding mums. I agree fully.

Dozy - get a life mate, theres more happening in this world than us naughty parents using disabled toilets :loopy:

If we're going to start a debate, i want to add why should an able-bodied person be treated any differently when desperate for a wee, we all pee the same at the end of the day, why should disabled people never have to queue to the extent able-bodied people do to use the toilet!!

Come off it, pointless thread, they're hardly going to start fining people for using disabled toilets :rolleyes:

Sometimes I need use of a sink as well as a loo at the same time, I'm not going into details

Very diplomatic and polite reply.

Mine would have been more along the line of "none of your g****m business."

And the stupid series of questions and answers raises an important point.

You can't tell by looking at someone whether they are entitled to use disabled facilities or not, so should the radar key scheme be introduced everywhere?

Some of the justifications for using disabled facilities given in this thread are at the very best weak, radar key schemes would force these people to use the appropriate facilities.....

@hit ............................well you gotta go.................disabled enabled is not the executive key

If somebody needs to urinate or excrete, why should they not use an empty toilet be it disabled or not.

You only need wait a few minutes.

Some disabled people come across as very impatient and considering most do not work, it astounds me. They have all the time in the world but need to carry out tasks as faster or faster than others, who have less free time.

I gather some disabled people may be incontinent but so are many able bodied people.

And the stupid series of questions and answers raises an important point.

You can't tell by looking at someone whether they are entitled to use disabled facilities or not, so should the radar key scheme be introduced everywhere?

Some of the justifications for using disabled facilities given in this thread are at the very best weak, radar key schemes would force these people to use the appropriate facilities.....

if i need to go i need to go, if a disabled toilet is available, id rather use that than a wall

MOD: A couple of posts have been deleted, be nice, don't use masked swearing and DON'T give me an excuse to come back. Thanks.

MOD: A couple of posts have been deleted, be nice, don't use masked swearing and DON'T give me an excuse to come back. Thanks.

ok then :)

Well, we obviously use different facilities, because all the ones I've seen do have loos in them.

Dozy

You know what bothers me? Why do people in wheelchairs think it's ok to use the toilets in parent and baby changing rooms? :D

Get over it. You had to wait five minutes for a pee. If you'd gone to the toilet earlier you wouldn't have been in agony!

God sake,

If i needed a **** or my son had a dirty nappy i wouldnt think twice about using whatever toilet comes to me first exept female toilets ofcourse.

Besides disabled toilets are good when you need a poo coz theres plenty of handles to grip onto.

the majority of baby rooms don't have a toilet AND most of the disabled toilets have pull down changers in them. I use the disabled if i can't find a mother and baby room because it's easier to get the pushchair in it. I also have a bladder condition that doesn't make me disable but could lead me to having very wet trousers.

I DON'T park in disabled spaces but i will always use the loo if it's available

the majority of baby rooms don't have a toilet AND most of the disabled toilets have pull down changers in them. I use the disabled if i can't find a mother and baby room because it's easier to get the pushchair in it. I also have a bladder condition that doesn't make me disable but could lead me to having very wet trousers.

I DON'T park in disabled spaces but i will always use the loo if it's available

If you have a bladder condition, then using the accessible facilities should not be a problem.

(I think someone's mentioned the "courtesy card" that people with bowel conditions like Chrohn's etc use? maybe there's one for bladder probs *thinks.... * or is it the same card for both?)