Why do people with babies think it's OK to use disabled toilets?

Because sometimes, having a child desperate for the loo can be a disability.

Give over, that's the lamest excuse put forward so far.

it's called a disabled toilet for a reason. how would these parents feel if they come across a disabled person using the baby changing room?

From the posts I have seen they would probably show far more understanding than disabled people show to them.

You misunderstand, it was an analogy, see my post to Rich if you need an explanation.

Feel free to not reply, it's a standard response from someone who's struggling with the discussion.

I know exactly what an analogy is thank you. I didn't miss your point. But the fact that you made it shows that you definitely missed mine; it was a very poor comparison, unless you are just trying to be pedantic. In which case there's little point in arguing with you anyway. Go back and re-read.

Are people suggesting that we shouldn't use the changing facilities in the disabled toilet?

Surely people have more important things to worry about that parents using disabled toilets. Its a toilet not a life saving respiratory machine.

I would like to add the following points (for no other reason than i've read all 10 pages so far and feel obliged to comment) that, if im out with the baby

a) I will use the disabled loo (which the pram will fit in), rather than wheel LW into the **** drenched, germ riddled filth that is known as the 'gents' toilet.

b) I've never ever seen a baby change room with a toilet in it.

c) Most disabled toilets have a pull down baby changer anyway, it's almost like we're being invited in.

Furthermore

If im by myself and there's a queue for the regular loos, if nobody is using the disabled carsie - im going to use it, sorry.

BTW, why do the call it the 'gents' toilets. I rarely recall any gentleman feeling the need to urinate all over the floor / walls / ceiling or smear excretement over the cubical walls...Interesting

:help:Is it not time to close this? I think it's going round and round and all points have been made. Now people are just annoying each other.......

Could it be that tom3t0 reads either the Guardian or worse, the Daily Mail? :suspect:

More to the point I find the notion that disabled people are "abnormal" extremely offensive.

Judging by his 'replies' to other posts, tom3t0 seems to have difficulty reading ANYTHING Rich. He completely ignores any points that may pose him a problem then just waffles on with any old twaddle.

It's not unusual to encounter these types that distance themselves from anything or anyone who might be 'different'.

It's their way of saying, "Look I don't have any similarities to these people, I'm not weird or mentally/physically disabled - I'm not homosexual - I'm white British (no foreign blood in me) - I'm normal I am.."

They're also bullies of the worst kind.

If there were toilet and parking facilities that read - 'for the use of sixteen stone psychopaths only' - they would NEVER break the rule.

Its only that they are really brave when it comes to standing up against someone with a disability.

As for you Cyclone - you strike me as JUST THE TYPE who WOULD park in a disabled bay if there was nowhere else to park - so stuff your 'metaphors'.

Emperor minge- has it ever occurred to you that disabled people ALSO have babies?

As for the state of mens loos - I've seen the inside of womens loos and they are very often DISGUSTING - so stick to the disabled hate rather than the man hate - as you know, you are less likely to be confronted that way.

I can't believe this thread is still going, over something so trivial.

I know, I think it's pretty clear how most people feel.

Closing for cooling off and a wee pruning (geddit?).