Why do people with babies think it's OK to use disabled toilets?

So JBee, presumably if I pull into tescos, the car park is busy, it's raining and i'm only going to be two minutes, I can park in a disabled bay, afterall have some empathy, I don't want to get wet.

Or are car parking spaces very different to toilets?

2 things:

1: Your post is borderline trolling IMO.

2: Completely different subject that has been done to death on numerous occasions.

http://congleton.gov.uk/?t=713

this might explain what I mean.

NB: All disabled persons toilets are fitted with RADAR locks, accessible by NKS Keys which are available to registered disabled persons from Congleton Borough Council Information Centres

So it's not for the reason you postulated, it's specifically to limit usage to those who are registered as disabled.

2 things:

1: Your post is borderline trolling IMO.

2: Completely different subject that has been done to death on numerous occasions.

Consider this a lesson then Rich, it's an analogy to make a point.

Logic. a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing in a certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other respects.

I don't troll.

One is exclusive, one is not. Maybe an architect could confirm this, but I suspect that if all the toilets in a building are wheelchair accesible then that would comply with building regs. For example in an office with only one toilet, it must be wheelchair accesible - which would not mean that people who don't use wheelchairs can't use it.

so far as im aware parking spaces are the only thing that is exclusive but even then its not enforcable in law unlike in america

http://congleton.gov.uk/?t=713

this might explain what I mean.

So it's not for the reason you postulated, it's specifically to limit usage to those who are registered as disabled.

i would presume that the provider of the facility can decide if it is exclusively for disabled as special service for them provided their are sufficient facilities for everyone else but unless they do so, anyone can use them

Consider this a lesson then Rich, it's an analogy to make a point.

I don't troll.

Much.

And I said borderline.

Read my posts in future before you TRY to pick them apart :rolleyes:

So JBee, presumably if I pull into tescos, the car park is busy, it's raining and i'm only going to be two minutes, I can park in a disabled bay, afterall have some empathy, I don't want to get wet.

Or are car parking spaces very different to toilets?

What about the attitude of some disabled people when it comes to parking on double yellow lines? they don t give a toss if its blocking the road, blocking someones drive, or worse still, causing a potential accident, but hey we are expected to just accept it because they are disabled, so dont assume all disabled are friendy thoughtful people, they can be as obnoxious as the rest of us.

What about the attitude of some disabled people when it comes to parking on double yellow lines? they don t give a toss if its blocking the road, blocking someones drive, or worse still, causing a potential accident, but hey we are expected to just accept it because they are disabled, so dont assume all disabled are friendy thoughtful people, they can be as obnoxious as the rest of us.

completely unacceptable, but that doesn't justify other people behaving badly.

Rich, consider it picked, it wasn't trolling, it was an analogy, and quite a good one. You did understand what the page about analogies was saying right?

with logic you shouldnt need analogies ;)

with logic you shouldnt need analogies ;)

Makes it easier for everyone else though :D

completely unacceptable, but that doesn't justify other people behaving badly.

Rich, consider it picked, it wasn't trolling, it was an analogy, and quite a good one. You did understand what the page about analogies was saying right?

How often have the disabled posters on here been "inconvenienced" by someone using the disabled facilities? How often have able bodied been "inconvenienced" by disabled people parking where they should know better not to park? i would hazard a guess that the able bodied have been the ones more inconvenienced, and i would also hazard a guess that most of the irresponsible parking is caused by just a few selfish disabled drivers, so lets get this into perspective.

Is that the point though? I'm not condoning behaviour by disabled people that inconveniences anyone, and that isn't what the thread is about.

I think it's wrong for able bodied people to use facilities that are supposed to be exclusively for disabled people. If that doesn't include toilets marked disabled, then fair enough, but I don't see why they would be marked that way if they were for everyone.