Why do people with babies think it's OK to use disabled toilets?

Soon there will be no disabled toilets at all... There will only be easy access toilets!!! Mum's the Word!

Funny, I posted back on page 2 or 3, so you'd think that maybe I had been following the thread and was just making a small joke at someones suggestion that babies should have the right to use certain facilities.

Alas humour is completely lost on some people.

A Code of Practice for Public Toilets in Britain:

"...it is recommended that at least two disabled toilet cubicles are provided as a minimum in all locations. There should be separate baby changing facilities in all main public toilets, as mothers with babies use the disabled toilets as there is no space in the regular (abled) toilets..."

http://www.worldtoilet.org/articles/wts2004/A_Code_of_Practice_for_Public_Toilets_in_Britain.pdf

Hands up all those who knew there was such as body as the World Toilet Organisation! :hihi:

I would be interested to know where your 'fact' that, 'most disabled people don't work' comes from. And, when you say 'work' do you mean paid employment or are you talking about the correct meaning of the word, which would be, 'occupied in a useful or enjoyable persuit'?

i think it is obvious i meant paid employment, and i learnt that W=F.d. work is the transfer of energy.

I would have thought that you would have been amongst the first to point out that, by defiinition, the disabled are ABNORMAL.

it doesent stop them waiting 2 minutes while i have a slash or whilst a parent changes their child though, or does it?

Funny, I posted back on page 2 or 3, so you'd think that maybe I had been following the thread and was just making a small joke at someones suggestion that babies should have the right to use certain facilities.

Alas humour is completely lost on some people.

Nah! You need to be funny to make jokes!;) and when we have threads about murders etc been treated as with humanity, seems at bit of to say a baby hasn't rights.:roll:

Soon there will be no disabled toilets at all... There will only be easy access toilets!!! Mum's the Word!

Now that makes sense! In Asda store Chapeltown the 'disabled' toilet is within the main toilet facilities, and if the standard toilets are full and no- one is in to use the 'disabled' loo, i am not going to stand there bursting for a tiddle, or with my child bursting either. I'll use the free loo, and i really can't believe anyone wouldn't. Disabled people want to be treated as equals, well completely able bodied/minded people have to wait at times for things, so as equals so do 'disabled (don't they?). Before anyone jumps down my throat i have a 'disabled' child, so don't bother!

So JBee, presumably if I pull into tescos, the car park is busy, it's raining and i'm only going to be two minutes, I can park in a disabled bay, afterall have some empathy, I don't want to get wet.

Or are car parking spaces very different to toilets?

I knew it would go over your head. Never mind. But surely common sense shows the obvious difference between getting wet, and wetting yourself? I realise that's quite a far fetched example, but I worry you won't be able to understand anything more subtle.

I'm not going to reply again unless you come up with something sensible, that is worth replying to. At the moment you're clearly not reading my posts properly, and you're doing quite a good job of showing yourself up without any further help from me.

Sometimes the baby change is in the disabled toilet and sometimes, if it's the parent wo needs the loo, there is no room for the pram in the gents or ladies. I would't leave my child outside the loos where i couldn't see him so in those cases i'd use the disabled toilet as there is no alternative and the toilet is, in the first case, designed for my use.

If there is a way of getting the pram in the toilets and the disabled toilet doesn't double as a baby change, there is no reason to use it unless you're disabled (or perhaps have bladder control problems!)

For gods sake, if someone is bursting for a crap or wee, use the toilets!

I knew it would go over your head. Never mind. But surely common sense shows the obvious difference between getting wet, and wetting yourself? I realise that's quite a far fetched example, but I worry you won't be able to understand anything more subtle.

I'm not going to reply again unless you come up with something sensible, that is worth replying to. At the moment you're clearly not reading my posts properly, and you're doing quite a good job of showing yourself up without any further help from me.

You misunderstand, it was an analogy, see my post to Rich if you need an explanation.

Feel free to not reply, it's a standard response from someone who's struggling with the discussion.

OK, I could understand it more if they had toddlers jumping up and down and dying for a pee. But if they've got a baby in nappies, why the hell can't they just wait a few minutes for the baby changing room?

Why should someone in a wheelchair have to wait over 5 minutes just because some dozy sod thinks they have the automatic right to any facilities going, as soon as they want them, just because they've got a baby??

Dozy

Because sometimes, having a child desperate for the loo can be a disability.