Anyone know what is happening on Ecclesall Road (Thurs 5/7/07)?

2202020 will be your best bet

Ram raid indeed. ASC precious metal shop has been cleaned out. Ram raid followed by people with guns clearing out the shop. Nice at 10am in the morning....

how on earth would you get away with that in such a busy area at that time, why not choose the early hours? im confused!

I must have missed this happening by about half an hour. The police had taped the side road off when I drove past earlier. Strange and a bit scary to think that armed robberies are going on in broad daylight just down the road from where I live.

how on earth would you get away with that in such a busy area at that time, why not choose the early hours? im confused!

Probably got stuck in traffic on the Bramall Lane roundabout which always seems to be busy these days!!!

I must have missed this happening by about half an hour. The police had taped the side road off when I drove past earlier. Strange and a bit scary to think that armed robberies are going on in broad daylight just down the road from where I live.

Yer scared about armed robberies in yer area. . ??

S'noffin compared to being in a shop when one kicks off, I'll tell thee summat fer nowt!!

No doubt there will be another bland statement from a spokesperson of the SYP, on the lines of,

" We emphasise that the public need not panic at all, despite the presence of guns in this one-off raid. This was a targetted attack ; the miscreants were not intending to shoot at just anyone. If you do hear any loud bangs as you're doing your shopping just duck down or lie flat on the pavement and, hopefully, you'll be o.k.

People must remember that gun crime is a lot more common in Nottingham, Manchester and London and if THEY can put up with it so should you. So, happy days, everybody and a crime number should be on its way within a fortnight. "

p.s. remember to report any illegal smokers or fox-hunters you may see !

Yer scared about armed robberies in yer area. . ??

S'noffin compared to being in a shop when one kicks off, I'll tell thee summat fer nowt!!

Have you been in a shop when an armed robbery has kicked off?

I think if it happened to me the adreneline would kick in and i'd try to grab the gun or do something stupid like that! Unless there were lots of them, then I'd probably just run away!

No doubt there will be another bland statement from a spokesperson of the SYP, on the lines of,

" We emphasise that the public need not panic at all, despite the presence of guns in this one-off raid. This was a targetted attack ; the miscreants were not intending to shoot at just anyone. If you do hear any loud bangs as you're doing your shopping just duck down or lie flat on the pavement and, hopefully, you'll be o.k.

People must remember that gun crime is a lot more common in Nottingham, Manchester and London and if THEY can put up with it so should you. So, happy days, everybody and a crime number should be on its way within a fortnight. "

p.s. remember to report any illegal smokers or fox-hunters you may see !

The quote is funny but true. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the culprits get away with this.

Have you been in a shop when an armed robbery has kicked off?

I think if it happened to me the adreneline would kick in and i'd try to grab the gun or do something stupid like that! Unless there were lots of them, then I'd probably just run away!

Yarp. . I was shopping during an armed robbery, and I've just typed a brief synopsis of what happened on here, but browser didn't cache what I wrote and now its gone, I really cant be bovvered with typing it all out again. .