Fun with the i-Phone

I can assure you that this is going to be the next big thing ;)

That was hyped as well mate. Saw on in a museum once and I knew one bloke that had one and used it for a while.

Daft sod. :D

... It's just what I need really. One device that can play my music, allow me to make calls, e-mail and be able to browse the 'real' internet any time/anywhere (I do a lot of traveling to and from Sheffield).

Plenty of current phones can meet those requirements, not just the iphone thingy.

I think this is far deeper than just the icraze.

It shows us the greed that is becoming part of our society. The latest 'must have' toy that we can't live without that is, in truth, just one more consumer item for us to waste money on and show off with.

What have we become that to be happy we need to flash off some fancy junk as an indication of how 'with it' we are ?

A few weeks ago I was walking down the street in an indonesian town when I saw an old woman begging. I had seen her several times before but had failed to notice that she had no finger ends and the bottom of one leg was missing from half way down the calf.

I could do little more than give her some money so she could eat. I gave her about £4. That will keep her in food for a week or maybe two. The smile on her face at my small kindness was worth a million bits of icrap.

What will cripple the iPhone is that it will be tied to apple content. Vodafone thought the deal sucked, especially since apple want a much bigger share of the downloads market because it's through their device.

O2 is next in line, but nothing signed yet.

It's an extremely groovy device and apple have defined the standard once again - but I wouldn't bother unless it was opened up in some way so we could run the applications we want on it, like any proper smartphone. Even a 3 year old Nokia running Symbian s60 can do that. The iPhone can't. Or it could, but it won't be allowed to...

Instead the iPhone is completely locked in to apple content and apple or apple approved programs and applications.

Also - iPhone - no 3G.... weedy camera, built in battery - all negative features which will presumably be addressed by later versions.

Great platform, shame about the proprietary, locked down operating system...

Wait for the HTC Kaiser instead. A much better spec and probably a much better product.

That's a cool video Mod_Man. Thanks for sharing.