Dallas bar

The Dallas bar,

yes god i used to work there playing the tambourine many many moons ago.

Turned into the barrow house pub that was a good house for many years,then eventually flattened it and now its a car lot.

Okay I own up my friends and I had a few trips to the Dallas Bar it was a good night out and we never saw any trouble.:thumbsup::hihi:

The last but one record played at the Dallas Bar every single night was 'Disco Tango', by Tommy Seebach. It was the Danish entry for the 1979 Eurovision Song Contest. It took me ages to buy it, but I managed to get it some years later. I still have it. The last one every night was Gerry & The Pacemakers - 'You'll never walk alone'.

Edited by Nigel Womersle

There were a few of us went o the Dallas bar every Friday and never saw a bit of trouble, it was one of the best placees to go to at that time, although I never saw anything untoward going on I never knew it was full of gays. The lads that we met there certainly wernt gay, perhaps we were more tolerant then and didnt make a big thing of it like these days. :hihi:

I remember the Dallas bar well,I was just going through my first divorce and what a place this was to meet young or older ladies!I never saw any trouble there allthough sometimes there was a bit of tension in the air!The last time I went in though the bouncer a scottish guy called "jimmy" gave me a chair leg and said be ready the shirecliffe lads are coming down!!I turned round and went back up the road to the Forum a lot safer place.At the same time as the Dallas Bar there was the Amsterdam bar at Huddersfield and also one in Wakefield which i think was called the New Yorker

Wow! I remember the Amsterdam bar in Huddersfield- that place was legend! Yes, there was a drag act used to come out and dance on the bar at the end of the night- and sing 'I am what I am.' The place was packed and, yes, full of straight blokes (I pulled once but certainly didn't do anything naughty, at least the first night!)- that was in the late 70s. Didn't go in the Dallas bar, but remember it being talked of.

Thanks for the memories guys- they were good days- and I don't remember any homophobia- when did we become so intolerant?

Hi, feederfil,

I am Joe the guy who used to own the place, it is nice to hear I was able to help with your social. life

I have lived in Valencia for the last 12 years. Jimmy was always a little

dramatic, I think we did very well for trouble, considering how many people we used to get in, the first 2 years.

Best wishes

I am Joe, the guy who opened the Dallas Bar and ran it from 1980-83, firstly thanks to Tara for her compliments. To put the record straight(that sounds like a joke as it was a disco pub). At the court case over the licence in 1983, Whitbreads hired a private detective to watch the bar when it closed. His evidence was that all our customers had gone home peacefully. Then the buses arrived from the centre of town and all the urinating, fornicating troublemakers got off, which the local residents blamed us for. Well

I have lived on the outskirts of Valencia, amongst the orange groves and mountains for the last 12 years.

best wishes to all.

Joe Pratt

the Amsterdam Bar, Huddersfield. Philip and Kees came to a sticky end, VAT got them for all their undeclared door money and they fled to Spain. They have ended up in a rented flat in Amsterdam and have a very ordinary apartment in Benidorm. Philip had a stroke some 10 years back, which still affects him. Gabby was attacked in Benidorm, some 6 years ago and died of his injuries some months later. Philip spent some of his money on taking male members of the group Liquid Gold on holiday, some on rent boys and he squandered the rest.

Edited by JoePratt

my dad loved the dallas bar ,harry hes called,i now live up the rd on standon rd ,the land that the dallas bar once stood on is now a gypsey camp,dont think people around here are too pleased !! x

I remember the Dallas Bar well in the 80's. I was only about 17 ish but used to go in Friday and Saturday nights. I remember the last song was always 'Gerry and the Pacemakers, You'll Never Walk Alone'. I also remember the song 'Kraftwerk, The Model' being played all the time. Mentioning these songs as every time I hear these songs I'm instantly taken back to the 80's in the Dallas Bar. I can still see the disco at the back corner and how everyone was sandwiched in.

Wow good days, damn getting old.

come on own up, anyone else who use to frequent this club in the 80s.

its been called some names but it was good.

the music was spectacular.

heart of glass-elle warren, ovalteenies etc.

anyone else.

WHAAAAAAA... REYT KNOCKING SHOP :love:NEVER KNOWN TO FAIL:hihi:

Bestsheff

We are all getting old I will be 62 on Friday, pleased you have happy memories.

the people who took over in 1983, said they would not have the place without

my copy of " Disco Tango"