Dallas bar

Quite right Timo

I had a chuckle too. It could not have happened to a better guy. But, To coin the old phrase, They were the good times. We all seemed to have a good laugh, Even after a good arguement no-one held a grudge. Just as well I would be hated. But, Yes i remember Inga. Also the bookies. I think the most trouble came from the oldies in the Conservative club. ha ha ha

Rodgers, glad you agree re miserable old Beedham [say "Good morning" to him, and he was stuck for an answer...]. Yes, the Con Club could be like Dodge City at times, according to my late Gradfather, who was a member!

I remember the Dallas bar well,I was just going through my first divorce and what a place this was to meet young or older ladies!I never saw any trouble there allthough sometimes there was a bit of tension in the air!The last time I went in though the bouncer a scottish guy called "jimmy" gave me a chair leg and said be ready the shirecliffe lads are coming down!!I turned round and went back up the road to the Forum a lot safer place.At the same time as the Dallas Bar there was the Amsterdam bar at Huddersfield and also one in Wakefield which i think was called the New Yorker

point taken rodgers.

you say you lived in that row of houses, so did my uncle .

im not sure what year he left but if you lived there for a long time

you may remember him.

Tom worthington.

had a daughter called Elaine.

also i had a friend there -judith wayne.

HI! Tara.

I knew a guy called Tom, At that time he would have been around 58. I think it would have been the next to the end house on the side of the Dallas. I lived at no. 10. A very old lady lived at 12. A guy that owned a shop at Firth Park Lived at 8 with a teenage son called Andy. I knew lots of people to talk to and say hello. I did not know many by name. I was a very busy man at that time The dates I was living in the area would have been 1979 to. 1983.

drove past last nite and there were 3 asian men doing some sort of work leveling the ground may be its going to be a corner shop lol!!

can enybody remember harry who worked the door?

A friend of mine used to run the print shop at the rear of the Dalls. In the Dallas Yard as we called it. There was also a joiner that used to make spirit levels etc. A mechanic. This was a busy yard. I was wandering what has happened to them.

Yes rodgers that sounds like him.

I think he worked at shardlows.

He passed away in his late 60s around 92 .

so that would be about right.

I think he moved from ecclesfield rd in 80s.

In the 60s i use to love going to there house, as the trains ran at back by there.

I remember a lounge to the right with a big piano in it.

you had to go down some steps for the kitchen.

Live up on Standon rd, the land is earmarked for flats I believe, they've just put some fancy fencing round it though

I'll admit it, i did use to visit the Dallas Bar. It was great music and always a good night out. i used to go with a friend but i also met my first real love there. i don't remember seeing any trouble .

Originally posted by tara

come on own up, anyone else who use to frequent this club in the 80s.

its been called some names but it was good.

the music was spectacular.

heart of glass-elle warren, ovalteenies etc.

anyone else.

thats the only pub where i played in a darts match in candle light

it was in a small room on the righthand side as you went in the door

they had snooker tables down stairs