What night clubs did you go to in the 70's

What was the name of the nightclub that was out at Owler bar? - that would have been about 1977 -78?

i used to go to the top rank romeo and juliets only after went in the pubs ,before it used to get busy later . had some good nights there usually having finnished workin late then went clubbin then up early for work next day that was late sixtys early seventys

Originally posted by Houdi

I've heard of the Genevieve, but can't for the life of me remember where it was. Help, please!! Haven't lived in Sheffield since 1979 and my memory's not what is was.

Wasn't it on Eyre St? Next door to Hofbrahaus upstairs?

Later became Pennys?

Originally posted by docmel

What was the name of the nightclub that was out at Owler bar? - that would have been about 1977 -78?

Fannys?

Does Dennis The Menace Fan Club Count?

Born in 73`

Originally posted by Funke88

Crazy Daisy was my hang out in 1979

I lived in that place, Ha! I remember a Bowie night on Wednesdays and Jazz Funk on Sundays.

Then it was Romeo and Juliets and Top Rank for Disco on Fridays.

in the 80's I went to Josephines. I was a member of that place.

I like the late night bus from the High Street at 1.30am

Not before getting a kebab at Chubbies on Cambridge Street.

This sounds so familiar!Only I didn't do the Daisy very often but had loads of friends who did.

We always used to catch the late night bus home.I used to love it as it was always the same people on the bus!So if you were on your own because your mates had pulled you always had someone you knew on the bus.

I used to cath the one which did Stannington,Wisewood & then down to Middlewood.I was the last one of all my mates to get off!!

Which was your late night bus?

Heres the list of clubs i went to during the 70's

Roxys

Romeo & Juliets

Fiesta

Baileys

Hoffenbru

Tiffanys

And a good night had by all happy days

We used to come from Filey just to go to the Limit, on West Street in the 80's...and then drive back or sleep in Weston Park if we were too drunk.

Wearing the gear required, we were considered fraks inn our little part of Yorkshire!

:rolleyes:

Hi

i was at nightclubs most nights of the week..have really good memories..Turn ups, Romeos was my fave, Pennys, also tiffanys at Rotherham..

I use to spend quite a few saturdays in the wopantake thats if you spell it like that listening to the heavy rock music and in a bar that use to be under the grand hotel on leoplod street the thing I didnt like was supping out of plastic glasses as for the night clubs there was only one for me and that was rebels I use to go out with a lot of mates who was into rock music and now 30 years on I am still into rock music it is now a brillant thing that the nelson as now gone back to rock music after a 30 year gap, talking of pubs can anyone remember what they called that pub across from the city hall what use to be on the corner what is now the witherspoons,they use to play a fair bit of rock music but the other one that should never have been altered was the orchid pub best rock pub in sheffield.

Bigkev

The boozer on the corner opposite the City Hall was the Albert.

Bar under the hotel on Leopold Street was the Buccaneer.

the hoffenbrau and then scamps what a night.also romeo and juliets among others

More 80's than 70's but I seem to remember my week consisted of:

Roxys up the ramp of shame on a Tuesday for party night (free tickets/bottle of plonk)

Romeos on a Thursday night for more of the same

Fannys at Owler Bar on Friday if we could get someone to take the car

Kiki's Saturday

Charlie Parkers Sunday

Every other spare minute was spent in the Woodthorpe pub.