Sign in to follow this  

Dover to calais

me n the missis fancey doin a beer run this weekend with chrimbo comming up,whats the best way to do it? book it on the net or just turn up and get on the ferry.......do you pay for the car or the passengers or both?:help: :help: :help:

never done it before

I have done it a couple of times, usually through offers in the papers.

You can go as a foot passenger for about £1 each or a car and up to 5 passengers is usually around £20, these out of peak hours.

Dont forget this weekend is the start of half term holidays so prices may have gone up.

Checkout the web sites as some have special offers on. I have always found Hoverspeed to be the best value.

You can now also order booze on your way out for collection on the way back.

Head for a Hypermarket when you get there, take a look around the place have something to eat and stock up the car.

:)

For really cheap nice beer go to Eastenders. They take payment in sterling which really helps.

We went last year and bought a couple of cases of lager which was the Official Chinese State Lager!!!

I thought it was going to taste like **** especially after a warning from a guy that worked there not to drink it warm!!

Anyway we got it home, left it to chill for a couple of days and WOW what a drink!! Fantastic - 5%, great taste.

Only cost £3.00 for a case of 24 bottles - wish we'd bought more.

Also get some Dogs ****** white wine - £1.00 a bottle and very nice taste as well. It does what it says on the label!!

We went on the chunnel, car, 2 passengers £20.00. Special offer on t'internet. Just checked and a daytrip friday or sat will cost you £45.00 Left the house at 0500 - back home at 1800 with a bootful of lager and wine.

If your after tobacco Eastenders have a little place just over the Belgian border, very cheap as well. 50 small cigars for a fiver, Drum 50g was just over £2.00.

thanks for the tips fella's:thumbsup:

Originally posted by kirky

me n the missis fancey doin a beer run this weekend with chrimbo comming up,whats the best way to do it? book it on the net or just turn up and get on the ferry.......do you pay for the car or the passengers or both?:help: :help: :help:

never done it before

The Kent Messenger (Dover & Thanet area) paper are always having offers in there - you may be able to buy a copy of the paper off of their site and they'll post it up to you up (t)here, yeah, Hoverspeed are reasonable - although I do prefer the Le Shuttle - quicker and I am not a great fan of the sea.

Check out Auchan - the hypermarket, and there is a place in Calais that does excellent crepes - it may be in Citie d'Europe, can't remember.

It'll be quite a trip (3 1/2 h to goet down here and then hour or so for the trip accross).

Alex

Originally posted by amhudson119

The Kent Messenger (Dover & Thanet area) paper are always having offers in there - you may be able to buy a copy of the paper off of their site and they'll post it up to you up (t)here, yeah, Hoverspeed are reasonable - although I do prefer the Le Shuttle - quicker and I am not a great fan of the sea.

Check out Auchan - the hypermarket, and there is a place in Calais that does excellent crepes - it may be in Citie d'Europe, can't remember.

It'll be quite a trip (3 1/2 h to goet down here and then hour or so for the trip accross).

Alex

cheers alex.......we didn't get off this weekend but we will do before christmas