Weston Park regeneration - your stories.

Has anyone noticed there are some big changes taking place in Weston Park? The City Council is conducting a regeneration project that will see many of the park’s original features restored to their former glory. What do you think of the changes you are seeing? Do you have any memories of the park in the past? There is currently a project running alongside the regeneration of the park called 'Your Weston Park: a living history'. The project team are collecting your stories and photographs of Weston Park for a booklet that will be launched in October to celebrate the regeneration of the park. You can add your stories or photographs online by going to http://www.westonpark.org.uk/yourwestonpark and clicking on the ‘join in’ link.

Has anyone noticed there are some big changes taking place in Weston Park? The City Council is conducting a regeneration project that will see many of the park’s original features restored to their former glory. What do you think of the changes you are seeing? Do you have any memories of the park in the past? There is currently a project running alongside the regeneration of the park called 'Your Weston Park: a living history'. The project team are collecting your stories and photographs of Weston Park for a booklet that will be launched in October to celebrate the regeneration of the park. You can add your stories or photographs online by going to westonpark.org.uk/yourwestonpark and clicking on the ‘join in’ link.

I can remember going to Western Park on "Whitsunday" as a girl, (nearly 60) we all wore our posh new frocks, and sang hymns there was loads of folks, all enjoying themselves, oh happy days:)

I remember there being a greenhouse in the park, I went there if it was raining when I wagged school.

Are the gates which were stolen some years ago going to be replaced? There must be photographs of them to make replacement patterns from.

Has anyone noticed there are some big changes taking place in Weston Park? The City Council is conducting a regeneration project that will see many of the park’s original features restored to their former glory. What do you think of the changes you are seeing? Do you have any memories of the park in the past? There is currently a project running alongside the regeneration of the park called 'Your Weston Park: a living history'. The project team are collecting your stories and photographs of Weston Park for a booklet that will be launched in October to celebrate the regeneration of the park. You can add your stories or photographs online by going to westonpark.org.uk/yourwestonpark and clicking on the ‘join in’ link.

and heres the direct link for the lazy people yourwestonpark :)

apparently those gates are now on some coke dealers abode in colombia! what i'd like to know is how the hell did they nick 'em without anyone noticing? they were huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and heres the direct link for the lazy people yourwestonpark :)

Nice link fox, thanks..the gates were stolen ? how on earth :confused:

I lived near the park years back, mom and I would go in every Sunday while the roast was in the oven, I always thought there should have been a charge to go into the museum though, any museum really, peole use to take their kids in there that would just run around and not one bit interested in the museum.