Horse Riding Companions

Hiya what's the Snowdon website ?

Hi

sorry should have put it on- its

http://www.snowdonfarmequestrian.co.uk

I've just given then a ring so here's info.....

£19.00 group lesson - max 10 normally 8

£40.00 private lesson main instructor

£30.50 " " junior instructor

£30.50 each to share private lesson with main instructor if there was 3/4 of us for 1st lesson.....

they have an indoor school only and implied that classes are mixed ability, they also don't distingiush between adults and kids lessons - would seeing 8 year olds better than us bother anyone??

generally sounded o.k. though but I suppose the only way to find out is to try them out.....

evening lesson wed and thur from 5pm-last lesson 7.30pm

sat/sun from 10.15 last lesson 4.30pm

Snowdon Farm Riding School

Snowdon Lane

Troway

Marsh Lane

NR.Sheffield

Derbyshire

S21 5RT

just thought I'd check out another one as Smeltings could be booked up...what do people think??

Di

Count me in - have car, so can pick people up if needed. Weekend would be easier for me.

I am the oldy though at 35 - young at heart though!

Hi!

Right I have my car, all set, so lets decide where to go...snowdon sounds good but dont know if i could afford a lesson every week there, but definitely want to try it.

Have you got any definite dates from them. Can yuo email me? Sarhbll@aol.com

xx

Hi Everyone

I could only afford a lesson a fortnight at £19!! but I've just tried one more ...last one honest and its £16 hr for a group lesson and they'd think about setting up a new group for us if there was 3/4 of us??

Its at Barns Green Equestrian CentreWoodseats Farm, Grenoside, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S35 8NA Tel: 0114 240 - its about 5-6 miles from city centre....

spoke to lady called Zoe who sounds lovely

she recommends just doing 30 mins for the first couple of weeks to see how we go and its £11 each for that.

SHe can do a lesson just for us (if theres 3/4) this SUnday at 9am.....bit early I know but I said I'd get back to her...so please e-mail me if you facny doing this ....

darnallforum@adce-joblink.org.uk

otherwise if you want to go to Snowdon I can make Sat morning or anytime Sunday, or thursday evening...

thanks

Di

Been banned from internet at work, so bit harder for me to use it now, but im still interested but will only be able to afford every now and then with the price of places round here. They must make a fortune!

Hi everyone,

Just a little update that might be of interest to everyone.

Me and Di managed (just about!!) to arrive for a hack at a small stables near barnes green riding sschool in grenoside on sunday.

Had a really nice hack out in the woods on some very wooly yet very responsive horses. Cost £15 for the hour and the dogs from the yard ran along with us!

I do want to have some lessons too but this is a great way to spend your sunday afternoons! Highly recommend them as very considerate horsey people with the horses welfare coming first.

Priory Royd Farm 0114 2468449 - they just to rides out, great woodland routes.

Let me know if you fancy going anywhere for a lesson this weekend cause i can get there now...Sarah xx

Sarah,

I've just found this thread and would love to join you if you are planning to go an any more hacks in the future (or maybe for a lesson). I've just started thinking about getting back into riding after many years of not. I live around Hunters Bar & have a car so would be happy to share lifts etc.

Email me if you have any plans to go in the New Year & don't mind me joining in,

Amy x

Hi Amy,

Thats great, you're near me. My car is broken at the moment but was really hoping to go again this weekend...if you fancy a little hack on sunday??

I could ring the stables and book and can easily direct us there?

Email me sarhbll@aol.com be good to get having some lessons in the new year too.

Sarah xx

Im posting this to get my posts up to five so I can PM some of you.

Sorry!

xxx

hello everyone,

Sorry Sar, you've been doing really well organising everything & i've just been way too busy lately to do anything!

So Barnes Green was good then? Will you be going again?

Hi, I'm 22 and live in Fulwood.

I just thought I'd let you know that it IS true about Smeltings having a very long waiting list, but if anyone fancies the occassional hack- there's a marvelous place out near Holmfirth called 'Rocky's Ranch' that does proper western trail rides. I recommend it.