Horse Riding Companions

Hi, sorry not been on for a while.

Yes I'd def like to go back to smeltings for a lesson. Is there now four of us up for going?

I'll email them and ask for a price and times available...

I am in London this weekend.

I can probably get a lift wiht my boyfreind this once, and see how it goes...

sarah :)

Hi everyone,

Could you email me if you definitely are interested and then by the time Im back from London we could get a date sorted.

I would like to go back to smeltings farm maybe just for one lesson but if there is another school you would rather go to I really dont mind.

I will have a car as of the 17/11/04 so then it should be a lot easier for me to meet you all...

anyway email me >> sarhbll@aol.com if you are still interested in meeting for a lesson. :)

Ta Sars xx

I keep my two horses at Smeltings Farm and can reccomend it. Ive been having lessons there for 14 years, and have kept my horses there for 9yrs.

Unfortunately I must warn you there is a HUGE waiting list for lessons... you'd be quite lucky to get in, although if you arent beginners that does help.

If you do go be sure to say hello to my boys. :)

Email me if you want to know anything more about riding in Sheffield and I will definately try to help!

Jo xxx

(x_jojoba_x@hotmail.com)

Hi Jo,

good to hear some else whos been there! I started riding there when i was 7 (im now 22) but left to move to rotherham with my family when i was 9 ... i loved Brandy, is he still there? and puzzle kerry and cola, dinky, flicker, tupence...do you knwo if any of them are still around?

I went on to the yard about a year ago and vicky said they still had brandy!

Well even if i cant have a lesson i might just go up there for a look around when i get a car ... :)

Sar

xx

Hey I learnt to ride on a mare called Dinky! Over in Formby so not the same one. Then had peter pan and berwin, favourite was inky at that stables.

Moved and then had nicky (very old) and zebedee as regulars. Zeb was a really good pony.

Not ridden in 15 years or so. Still like to give it a go.

Hey horsey people!

I ride and have just bought my own. I live in NE sheffield tho and keep him in Grenoside. Can heartily recommend Barnes Green and its the only BHS registered school (I believe), altho its a bit out of your way. They have some excellent tutors and got me back up after 25 years.

Tas1 - its really worth it, feels hard at first, I felt really stupid and old (am 46) when I got back up at first. Soon got back into my stride tho, despite falling badly on 5th lesson. After 2 years I've got my 15.2 cob gelding to ride every day and spend all my spare time running after. (he was meant to be decent car - but given the choice - horse won hands down once I'd saved the money).

Sadly can't join you all over there in the West as its out of my way completely, but hope it goes well, maybe we'll meet at shows or something. There is a riding club at Ecclesfield in the summer, but you'd have to box over, praps there's one in Dore as well?

Bye the way, have a nice little saddle for sale if you know anyone. Its new, doesn't fit mine, see my ad in for sale.

Best of luck anyway.

Hi Everyone

I've noticed that there's been quite few replys to this and it was posted a couple months ago but I'm really interested so thought I'd see if you've sorted anything??

I'm 24 and really want to go riding - I done some riding at Uni for a few years after a maaive 6 year break and again I've had a few years off now since leaving Uni - but would love to come along to lessons /hacks once a week if anyone is going?? I'm not great but can trot canter - just needs some work on technique again!

Unfortunatley I don't have a car - but may have soon...test number 3 in January!! but I'm sure we could get a bus somewhere?? or I can chip in on petrol money

I live in Woodseats and theres a couple of riding schools not far from me heading out towards peaks.......

anway will stop waffling on

I'd really like to come along so look forward to hearing from you

Di

Hi there!

Yes we have'nt actually arranged anything yet. I have got to get my car back on the road and should be doing that this weekend so hopefully definitely after that I want to go!

Which riding schools were you talking about?

Anyone else still interested once i get my car going? Think there is a bus that goes out to smeltings farm though...

Sar

xx

Hi Everyone

I've noticed that there's been quite few replys to this and it was posted a couple months ago but I'm really interested so thought I'd see if you've sorted anything??

I'm 24 and really want to go riding - I done some riding at Uni for a few years after a maaive 6 year break and again I've had a few years off now since leaving Uni - but would love to come along to lessons /hacks once a week if anyone is going?? I'm not great but can trot canter - just needs some work on technique again!

Unfortunatley I don't have a car - but may have soon...test number 3 in January!! but I'm sure we could get a bus somewhere?? or I can chip in on petrol money

I live in Woodseats and theres a couple of riding schools not far from me heading out towards peaks.......

anway will stop waffling on

I'd really like to come along so look forward to hearing from you

Di

Hi xsarx

Well I don't really have any where particular in mind to be honest... I live in woodseats and know there's one out toward the peaks (from Abbeydale Lane - I think) which I think we could get a bus to but not sure what its called....sorry I'm rubbish with names....

anyway I wouldn't really mind where we go, but do you know if its true about Smeltings Farm waiting list? and if so do you have another one in mind?? I notice Snowdon was mentioned....

I'll have a look on Snowdon site for some info.....

but either way I'm up for going for a lesson soon, I'm going home to Liverpool for xmas on 17th Dec so would be nice to go before then if others fancy it??

Di

Hello again

just looked on Snowdon website looks quite good they do lessons on

Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.

and I've e-mailed them for some price info ...

stable is not far from Coal Aston which would be o.k. for me if Smeltings is booked up......

what do you think?

Di