Horse Riding Companions

Hi there,

I am a 22 year old girl, living at Hunters Bar in Sheffield.

I would really like to meet people who are interested in horse riding.

I would like to get in touch with people looking to have lessons or go out hacking at weekends who would like to share the driving etc...

I have been riding since I was 7 mostly hourly lessons (jumping, dressage, drills etc) but have cared for other peoples horses/ponies and had various loans and riding holidays etc.

It would just be great to share some ideas with people in my same situation....email me or reply to this message- i cant get private messages yet on here...ta

sarah xx

I am also interested in riding in Sheffield area. I am 22, live in Nether Edge and have been riding since I was 9 and used to have a horse before I came to Sheffield for university and it's now been 5 years sioce I rode last. I do not drive.

I'd like to take up riding again (after abt 20 years off a horse) so if you find somewhere that do lessons, please PM me - I'm 35 and in x-pool area.

Hey,

yes there is a pretty good school out near dronfield, or theres barns green at grenoside they are very good with their horses.

Or I would love to go back to smeltings farm at ringinglow cause thats where I originally learned to ride.

mjlacey21 - if you are interested in just doing a few lessons we could always do that - tas1 are you up for going? is there anywhere you would both prefer?

I just really would like to get back into riding and can just about afford lessons nowadays or just a hack or something to try out the riding schools in the area....?

Yep I'm up for it - no kit but could find a pair of shoes with heel so should be ok.

Got a car so can drive .

I'm happy to do hacking or lessons. I've not tried any riding schools round Sheffield. Would just be nice to get back into it again. Need to sort me a new hat first though. What sort of time is best for you to go? I would prefer evenings ideally because I'm often away weekends, but could work around whatever you both want.

Hi again,

evenings would suit me cause i often go out a lot at weekends.

smeltings farm has a website -

http://www.equestrian-training.co.uk/

see what you think of that, they even still have some of the horses i learned to ride on!

the lessons would be £22 or £25 if just us three ride...might be worth just going for one and seeing what we think, they have a good sized outdoor school.

Although I haven't been riding for a few years that seems very expensive to me for a shared lesson. I doubt I could afford that very often.

Can't make tuesdays and no where near as good as you two will be! Not got any kit so would need to borrow some.

Would definately be up for giving it a go to see if I can still hack it so to speak!

Hello,

I currently share a horse at the weekends near Dore and that's not too far from Smeltings farm. Although I enjoy lessons too - i used to have group lessons years ago and haven't really had proper lessons for ages, so i'd love to join in if you guys wouldn't mind me coming too! I'd ride one of the riding school horses, coz i think its a bit far to hack from the yard, have a lesson and come back.

I don't currently dive but my boyf does and he doesn't normally mind taking me coz he goes mountain biking whilst i ride. So we could share lifts.

Let me know if you're still wanting to go.