Todwick Grange childrens home

do you remember when they built the swimming pool ?

Keith reminded me that TG had TWO caravans. And yes the swimming pool was a great success. Greatly enjoyed during the hot summers of the mid '70's.

Keith reminded me that TG had TWO caravans. And yes the swimming pool was a great success. Greatly enjoyed during the hot summers of the mid '70's.

the 2nd caravan was a wreck i think they had it at the back tell keith i still remember him teaching me how to develop photos:) there was a little studio next to the medical office

the 2nd caravan was a wreck i think they had it at the back tell keith i still remember him teaching me how to develop photos:) there was a little studio next to the medical office

We used both the caravans numerous times in the '70's especially when Ken was in charge. He was very keen for us to get the kids out and about especially in the countryside.

I'll remind Keith about teaching you how to develop photos.

We used both the caravans numerous times in the '70's especially when Ken was in charge. He was very keen for us to get the kids out and about especially in the countryside.

I'll remind Keith about teaching you how to develop photos.

is ken still alive ?

is ken still alive ?

Sadly no. He had to retire due to health problems. He & his family moved to Derbyshire where he died. He was a superb team leader.

Sadly no. He had to retire due to health problems. He & his family moved to Derbyshire where he died. He was a superb team leader.

oh im sorry to hear that

from what i remember i think he adopted someone didnt he

oh im sorry to hear that

from what i remember i think he adopted someone didnt he

Not that I know of. Maybe you're muddling him up with the last chap to run TG? He adopted a teenage girl and it all went pearshaped from there!

Post to Facebook now Chris. Easier to keep up with one place.

does anyone remember an Anette Walters

Yes and we've just found slides of a group trip to the Lake District that includes Annette.

Hello Everyone.

My name's Vincent Foster, I was in Todwick from '71 to '79. Wow, there are some memories coming back from that place seeing all the names. I'd forgotten most of them. I remember the little stray dog Scamp and how me and Noel Barrett and myself tried to secretly keep him until a member of staff adopted him.

Does anyone know what happened to Korin and Frank? I saw Brian Summerscale about ten years ago, he was a camera man for Calander news.

Vince

Hello Everyone.

My name's Vincent Foster, I was in Todwick from '71 to '79. Wow, there are some memories coming back from that place seeing all the names. I'd forgotten most of them. I remember the little stray dog Scamp and how me and Noel Barrett and myself tried to secretly keep him until a member of staff adopted him.

Does anyone know what happened to Korin and Frank? I saw Brian Summerscale about ten years ago, he was a camera man for Calander news.

Vince

Hi Vincent.

Great to hear from you. I'm so glad you remember Scamp. Broke my heart when somebody kidnapped him (and Joan's Basset) from TG grounds.

Can you send me a private email here with your contact info so I can invite you to the TG group we've set up online.

Cheers,

Christine.

Hello, Christine. Haha, I've just reread what I wrote 'Me, Noel Barrett and myself..' In too much of a rush. I do definately remember you, I just couldn't recall your name. I remember we found Scamp near the big weeping willow tree. We first called him Rusty. He really was a scamp, a friendly mungrel with a great character.Sorry to hear what happened to him. I can remember the other dogs Paddy the Labrador and Bembo? and Ivor's sheep dog, I think he was called Patch. I used to take him for walks into Kiveton. I remember the Goats in the shed.

I remember Bonnie and her sister Rose. Do you remember Korin/Corin and Frank? They were a couple. I can't recall their surnames. They worked in the New Unit.

I was on the trip to Wales and climbed Mt Snowdon. I'm going to look I'm going to look for the Facebook Group.

V