Todwick Grange childrens home

yes i wore glasses still do but not the round tortoise shell ones lmao.

wasnt Mary the bonny faced lady who left to get married?

you seem to be the only one who remembers Rhona and her Husband Ivor.

oh i remember ivor he had a very bad temper and could shout a lot but strangely he was nice when he wanted to be

Yes that sounds like Mary but I can't remember why she left. If you join us on Facebook there are several others who will remember Ivor & Rhona. Rhona was Top Floor group leader when I started there.

Cheers,

Christine.

I was in Todwick from 1972-73 with my sister our mother was in hospital at the time. the staff i remember most then were Colin and Harry Bower, Rhona and Ivor Bell, Miss "Polly" Parrot (what an ogre) there was a chap in charge looked a bit like David Bellamy and a young guy who was an ex copper. I was on top floor and my sister was on wing. The kids i can remember at that time were Antony McDevitt, Cherie And Beverly Berzins, Bonnie Mangam, Michael Smythe and his sister, Philip Memot there were a lot more but these people left their mark most on my memory. Mr Tankard Was an amazing teacher who was instumental in getting me into an outside school (Beaver Hill Wahaaay). I can remember the winter nights playng fox & hares hiding in the japanese gardens the holidays were brilliant camping in the lakes or north wales Clanberis being one of the most memorable (does anybody remember the huge stores at todwick?). Todwick Grange was a huge adventure for me and contributed greatly to the person i am today.

So I would just like to say to ALL from Todwick who May remember Nigel and Wendy Hillson THANK YOU FOR ONE OF THE GREATEST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE.

think i remember you nigel

mr tankard was a top guy everytime one of us had a birthday he took us to the record shop in dinnington to buy us a single id like to think i got my varied taste in music from him

i remember it took me ages to get a snake belt from christine from the clothing store and im sure i had my platform shoes took off me at some point:)

Snake belt?!!!

And who took your platform shoes from you? Probably saved you from a broken neck. LOL!

Christine.

think i remember you nigel

mr tankard was a top guy everytime one of us had a birthday he took us to the record shop in dinnington to buy us a single id like to think i got my varied taste in music from him

i remember it took me ages to get a snake belt from christine from the clothing store and im sure i had my platform shoes took off me at some point:)

Snake belt?!!!

And who took your platform shoes from you? Probably saved you from a broken neck. LOL!

Christine.

snake belts where quite a big thing in the 70s you know as for who took my platform shoes off me :|

Was it me?

snake belts where quite a big thing in the 70s you know as for who took my platform shoes off me :|

Was it me?

i think it was oh my memory is good if i can remember stuff that far back:)

Well your memory must be better than mine. I can't remember that. LOL!

i think it was oh my memory is good if i can remember stuff that far back:)

Well your memory must be better than mine. I can't remember that. LOL!

do you remember the caravan what was parked in front of main building donated by some sheffield charity round table or something ?:)

Yes indeed I do. A Sprite Musketeer I think. Keith & I did trips with it on numerous occasions. It had an awning which one young person used to refer to as the hornet. LOL!

Must see if Keith recalls who that was. Happy days:)

do you remember the caravan what was parked in front of main building donated by some sheffield charity round table or something ?:)

Yes indeed I do. A Sprite Musketeer I think. Keith & I did trips with it on numerous occasions. It had an awning which one young person used to refer to as the hornet. LOL!

Must see if Keith recalls who that was. Happy days:)

do you remember when they built the swimming pool ?