Todwick Grange childrens home

yes,

i even ended up on that ducking stool once lol

what year did you leave todwick?

sorry not sure when i left,

tbh i cant even remember for sure what year i went there.

i just have a vague memory of maybe 6 who i hung around with and about same amount of staff.

i dont remember there being a fire as has been talked about here,

i remember a room having a shooting star painted on a wall, i think it was in a girls bedroom,

bev was there,henry,irene,ann & julie, cox cant remember her first name,tony, mick smythe, and some lad that played the accordian, staff, keith n christine, harry n collin ( brothers ,cunny, i remember the units openening near the school,

i dont remember any goats, there could have been,

thats really about all i remember

the fire was 77

the boy on the accordian was a quite tubby his last name was mellow lived up firth park

did you ever stick up posters with toothpaste ?

toothpaste lol, i forgot about that

yeah

i also think i went to school at 1 point in sheffield

my social worker at that time was carol wallah ? and miss titterton,

i must have had about got through at least 5 social workers while i was there for 8 years:D

Suppose you have read this thread from the beginning, but l would still like to know what happened to Anthony Mcdevitt have posted a photo of him with another boy from TG cant remember his name at all. I know he went on quite a few trips for holidays etc. He was twelve in the early seventies.

where you posted the pic aries ???

she posted it on the todwick grange group on facebook:)

I was in Todwick from 1972-73 with my sister our mother was in hospital at the time. the staff i remember most then were Colin and Harry Bower, Rhona and Ivor Bell, Miss "Polly" Parrot (what an ogre) there was a chap in charge looked a bit like David Bellamy and a young guy who was an ex copper. I was on top floor and my sister was on wing. The kids i can remember at that time were Antony McDevitt, Cherie And Beverly Berzins, Bonnie Mangam, Michael Smythe and his sister, Philip Memot there were a lot more but these people left their mark most on my memory. Mr Tankard Was an amazing teacher who was instumental in getting me into an outside school (Beaver Hill Wahaaay). I can remember the winter nights playng fox & hares hiding in the japanese gardens the holidays were brilliant camping in the lakes or north wales Clanberis being one of the most memorable (does anybody remember the huge stores at todwick?). Todwick Grange was a huge adventure for me and contributed greatly to the person i am today.

So I would just like to say to ALL from Todwick who May remember Nigel and Wendy Hillson THANK YOU FOR ONE OF THE GREATEST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE.

Hi Christine

I was on top floor and my sister Wendy was on wing we were at Todwick a bit shy of two years from 71 or 72 not really sure until about late 73 early 74 i was the one who used to hide in trees when I couldnt get my own way Hehe (nothing changes).

Antony was living somewhere around Shirecliffe in the early 80's i had just come out of the army and was working as a plumber on the YWA when i last saw him he seemed to be doing well and was fairly happy but he wasnt very talkative

Dont know if any of you remember a small lad called "Sham" or Shane was his real name I think, he would have been there in the early 80's. He was very small for his age and I know he was at Todwick for some time but kept running away. On one escape he walked all the way to Hackenthorpe in bare feet as the staff confiscated his shoes?

He was a friend of my then boyfriend.

Nigel did you wear glasses? I think I remember you!

I also remember the clothing stores down in the cellars. Mary was in charge of that and she also did some of the surgery sessions.

"Chap in charge" was Ken Hodgson and yes he did look like David Bellamy!

Teacher Roy Brewer was a very nice chap. Drove a Citroen Dyane I think.

Will you join us on our TG Group on Facebook? I can send you a link or you can type in Todwick Grange Children's Home on Facebook's search box.

Cheers,

Christine.

I was in Todwick from 1972-73 with my sister our mother was in hospital at the time. the staff i remember most then were Colin and Harry Bower, Rhona and Ivor Bell, Miss "Polly" Parrot (what an ogre) there was a chap in charge looked a bit like David Bellamy and a young guy who was an ex copper. I was on top floor and my sister was on wing. The kids i can remember at that time were Antony McDevitt, Cherie And Beverly Berzins, Bonnie Mangam, Michael Smythe and his sister, Philip Memot there were a lot more but these people left their mark most on my memory. Mr Tankard Was an amazing teacher who was instumental in getting me into an outside school (Beaver Hill Wahaaay). I can remember the winter nights playng fox & hares hiding in the japanese gardens the holidays were brilliant camping in the lakes or north wales Clanberis being one of the most memorable (does anybody remember the huge stores at todwick?). Todwick Grange was a huge adventure for me and contributed greatly to the person i am today.

So I would just like to say to ALL from Todwick who May remember Nigel and Wendy Hillson THANK YOU FOR ONE OF THE GREATEST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE.