Todwick Grange childrens home

john cunningham :) what a bloke loved the man

he had moments of kindness but most of the time i found him a very nasty man

wow, just found this topic by accident,

Mr Tankard gave me an LP the day before i left, Sparks . i still have it,

I was in the main house, with the triplets, Julie,Irene and Ann

also Tony Googe ( excuse spelling ) i remember that 1 bedroom on that landing had a shooting star painted on wall, the main staff i remember, are Kieth & Christine, Collin Bowers

hmm...

We are the Todwick kids, we never get any cigs, we lose all our money for swearing at cunny, cause we are the todwick kids,

I actually have some good memories there & some not so good, but those where created by me.( personally for me if i had not gone there, i believe i would have been in prison and still serving time, i asked my social worker to get me away from my mother, i was about 10-11yrs old then ) so Todwick staff did some good.

i also went back in as a temporary stop as my father who got me out of there, had to go in hospital when i was about 13-14, Todwick was a different place then, did not like it there nor trust anyone, i even walked to see my dad in hospital rather than wait for the snow to clear away some, thats when we had the heavy snow 76-77

The jap woods behind art , assault style course with zip line

mr tankard give me a queen album sheer heart attack i think bonnie got a album by a band called fox:)

he had moments of kindness but most of the time i found him a very nasty man

cunny was the most chilled guy i have known lol he used to chase me round the woods lol when i stayed out for a week but at night i would sit in a tree and watch him and other staff plan to go in the woods from different angles to get me pmsl.

it never worked lol i was sat up a tree giggling into my hand lol as they looked right below me lol

cunny was the most chilled guy i have known lol he used to chase me round the woods lol when i stayed out for a week but at night i would sit in a tree and watch him and other staff plan to go in the woods from different angles to get me pmsl.

it never worked lol i was sat up a tree giggling into my hand lol as they looked right below me lol

i used to hide in a tree near the main building they never found me either:D

did you ever walk across that massive wall across from the school ?

i used to hide in a tree near the main building they never found me either:D

did you ever walk across that massive wall across from the school ?

i used to sit on the wall and taunt them lol and when they thought they had the upper hand with the aid of a ladder i would jump off other side i do one into woods again pmsl :D

i used to sit on the wall and taunt them lol and when they thought they had the upper hand with the aid of a ladder i would jump off other side i do one into woods again pmsl :D

i once had to hop across the wall on 1 leg from one end to another god knows how i didnt break my neck:D

do you remember going to a village youth club, possibly Dinnington,

1 lad that used to go was called Henry he used to dance to ymca, used to sorta stamp some weird dance thing on the floor,

( i have memory gaps , so i may be on about the wrong places at times )

do you remember going to a village youth club, possibly Dinnington,

1 lad that used to go was called Henry he used to dance to ymca, used to sorta stamp some weird dance thing on the floor,

( i have memory gaps , so i may be on about the wrong places at times )

the youth club was at north anston it was run by a guy called granville

you mean henry catlin he was well into the disco stuff

yeah that was him Henry Catlin,

i used to knock about with him and afew others there.

yeah that was him Henry Catlin,

i used to knock about with him and afew others there.

do you remember the summer fairs they used to have ?

yes,

i even ended up on that ducking stool once lol