Todwick Grange childrens home

Sorry memory not good, and I don't remember her, good luck with your search I am sure that it will mean a lot to her if she does get in contact with your mum, maybe your mum may get permission to put a note in her files in case she looks at them in time, worth asking who ever she was fostered with... [email protected]

Hi Carol thanks for replying I hope we do find her my mum would have liked to have kept her but they were trying to get her back with her mum so they put her in Todwick grange we visited her for a while but were told to stop visiting as it was confusing for her so it would be nice to hear from her and hopefully everything turned out for the best and also my mum has photos of her when she was young and if she doesnt have photos of herself at that age my mum would like her to have them.

Hi does anyone remember Sabrina Starbuck, from the late 1960s. Thanks Penny.

Hello penny I remember the day Sabrina came to todwick

we was all jelouse of her because Ivor let her smoke in the office while the rest of us was tooked up in bed she came from abuse family background as far as i can remember her brother used to turn up at to wick kicking off abit she was very skinny with long brown curly hair when she left I think there was a murder in her family I remember reading in the Sheffield star about a murder and her name was mentiond-who are you ,if you don't mind me asking the only penny I can think of was about 9 years old when i was there with Eddie Cyril and Pete Percival you would know me I was the oldest there Pete marsh-is your name penny foster?? I have lots of memories of to wick and staff and kids if you need to know anything I all so have some cini film of the kids in todwick that Ian roach took some on the isle of mull and some of the holiday we had in torquay let me know who you are please if you knew Sabrina you will know me. Pete marsh. Thanks xx

Hi Pete Sabrina was a good friend of mine from school, she was living with her granny, started seeing a boy and ran away from home with him, her granny decided she couldn't cope anymore and Sabrina ended up at Todwick, I used to phone her while she was there, but for some reason we lost touch. The article in the Star you mention, Sabrinas brother killed her husband. I also read in the Star a few years after that Sabrina had died in a house fire! She was a skinny pretty girl who sadly didn't have much of a life. She never talked about her life before she went to live with her granny. How long was she at Todwick for did she seem happy there! Thanks Penny

Hello

I am looking for people who were in Todwick Grange from 1970-1979 when I was there. I remember Mr Hillman and Mr Tankard! I also know a lot of the other staffs names, for example the Head one was Joyce Parratt. I also remember Harry Bower.

My real name is Benita but some people may remember me as Bonnie. I am genuinely looking for my past Todwick friends and staff as I have lost contact since I left there and have been searching for 5 years.

Please send me a message if you remember me or know where I can get in contact with anybody else.

Thank you

Benita/Bonnie

hi love my name is paul and my brother martin grubb was there he may have left wen you was there if you remember him get back to me

hi everyone I am Margaret gosling I worked at todwick from 1973 till 1979 seems a long time ago

some of its ex residents must use the forum:)

some of the teachers where goood there mr brewer mr wilkinson and not forgeting mr hilman who we all used to call crank:)

anyone remember my brother, paul keenan?

anyone remember my brother, paul keenan?

Hi , sorry i don,t remember paul but you could ask on the Facebook page as i think most of t&g ex staff and kids tend to use that than on here.

does anyone of you remember my dad Keith Harrison or my uncle mark Harrison they was in childrens homes together

hello

my dad went to todwick grange between 1964 to 1972 paul k any one rember him thankyou

---------- Post added 23-12-2013 at 10:16 ----------

hello my dad is paul k he says he is on facebook and he says hello to all who rembers him

Hi my name is Stephen Flint I was in todwick grange between 1980/83 I was in unit1 then so many of us moved down to big house , my nickname back then was Bam Bam so very good memories, it would be so good to hear from any one who was in around that time