Todwick Grange childrens home

some of its ex residents must use the forum:)

some of the teachers where goood there mr brewer mr wilkinson and not forgeting mr hilman who we all used to call crank:)

Hiya I worked at Todwick about 30 years ago and lived in the grounds there. I dont remember names of the teachers but many of the kids.

Hello

I am looking for people who were in Todwick Grange from 1970-1979 when I was there. I remember Mr Hillman and Mr Tankard! I also know a lot of the other staffs names, for example the Head one was Joyce Parratt. I also remember Harry Bower.

My real name is Benita but some people may remember me as Bonnie. I am genuinely looking for my past Todwick friends and staff as I have lost contact since I left there and have been searching for 5 years.

Please send me a message if you remember me or know where I can get in contact with anybody else.

Thank you

Benita/Bonnie

Hi Bonnie.

Yes I remember you well. Christine (who had the goats). And Scamp the stray dog found in the grounds. I've only just logged on to this list tonight!

hi christine i dont remember, a lot about the goats. but scamp the dog rings a bell. who els do you remember, at todwick??? your name rings a bell two, can you help me focus you, a bit better. if you like you can also get me on facebook. nice two hear from some body from todwick,

Hi Bonnie.

I worked at Todwick from 1972 - 1980. Married to Keith who also worked there and ran an Art group. He worked with John Cunnington on 1st Floor. I spent a few years on Top Floor and was on duty when the roof set on fire (during the fireman's strike when the Green Goddesses came out). Worked then on the Wing with Paul (Smith?) & Liz. You shared a bedroom with Beverley at that point?

Keith & I lived in one of the houses behind Ken's then shared the Lodge with another couple. I had a very large shed on the old tennis court where I kept the goats.

And you had a sister Rose?

I'm sure we will both know a lot of others. We get a Xmas card every year from Lyn Barlow and I used to hear from Joyce and Ken's wife Llinos at Xmas. But we lost touch with everybody else as we moved away and lived on our narrowboats for 8 yrs from '82 then settled in Staffs.

But you were never forgotten:)

hi christine. thank you for your letter. i did see margeret gosling about ten years ago, i spoke two jose on the phone about the same time. she is or was in the phone book, harry bower still lives in todwick vilage i went two see him about 12years ago, i do plan two go and see him soon, if he is still there. have you not seen lynn. well lets hope others will join forum, if no one dos iam going two dig deeper iv been looking for so long,it seems hard work but it is my goal. are you still married two keith?? i remember him a little, and i do remember you. iam hopeing one day two have a reunion, keep in touch bye for now take care:clap::

Hi Bonnie.

I worked with Harry's brother at one stage (Colin?). We haven't seen Lyn B but we keep in touch.

Yes still married to Keith and we have three sons who keep us busy.

C.x

Hello - I am Lyn's ( Tommy's ) daughter. Lyn worked at Todwick Grange and remembers Bonnie and Christine. I'm sure she will be interested to hear your news.

Is that Lyn who worked in the new units with Margaret and Pandora?

Hello - I am Lyn's ( Tommy's ) daughter. Lyn worked at Todwick Grange and remembers Bonnie and Christine. I'm sure she will be interested to hear your news.

Yes, it is! She told me she remembers milking your goats! She'll be so pleased to hear from you.

Oh wow fancy that! Lyn was great fun.

Cheers,

Christine.

Edited by goatgenetics