Homeless at Christmas (HARC) Volunteers required to help with our project.

If anyone out there is interested in volunteering to work with the homeless

over the Christmas could they please leave their email address at

harc.sheffield@virgin.net and they will be contacted later in the year.

My mum and I would be interested if we can get there (we don't have transport). Also is this just Christmas day, or the before and after periods?

Homeless And Rootless at Christmas(HARC) are now compiling it's data base of volunteers for 2007.If you feel you could give a few hours over Christmas please ring 2788666 and leave a message (we will get back to you) or email harc.sheffield@virgin.net leaving your name and address and we will send an information pack to you.

I received your newsletter today. We're still up for it.

I look forward to putting Christmas day to use for once!

Hi

I left a message today and am interested in volunteering.Please pm or ring me when you're free. Thanks

We will be working on Christmas day as helping those in need is very rewarding, and important. Putting others needs above your own at this time of year is hard but its good to help such a worth while project.

Hi

I have sent you my details but not heard anything back as yet?

Hi, just found this page while looking for something else. If you're still interested in volunteering then this is the link to the Facebook event for HARC 2008. If you're not on Facebook you can email me at ollyc57@hotmail.com and i'll do my best to pass on your details to the organisers.

unfortunately i cannot do this this year but i have done it before and it was very rewarding!!!

Are there really any GENUINELY homeless & rootless people around in our rich city?

There are so many vacant properties available plus a generous welfare system here.What is wrong? Are we expected to support a dependent culture specially in this credit crunch time?

Those who deserve our help are asylum seekers and refugees who had to flee their home country because of appalling problems.At this Christmas`time my thoughts are with the people in Darfur, the Congo, Zimbabwe,Palestine,Gaza etc.,

Are there really any GENUINELY homeless & rootless people around in our rich city?

There are so many vacant properties available plus a generous welfare system here.What is wrong? Are we expected to support a dependent culture specially in this credit crunch time?

Those who deserve our help are asylum seekers and refugees who had to flee their home country because of appalling problems.At this Christmas`time my thoughts are with the people in Darfur, the Congo, Zimbabwe,Palestine,Gaza etc.,

Unfortunately yes. The council seem to not want to do anything about this problem in our city, to the extent that in the past year they've done away with lady who held the position as co-ordinator for the many homeless and vulnerable projects that are running, not just at Xmas but throughout the year. A lot of these people have serious mental health problems not just drinking/drugs etc.

I too feel for the people of the wartorn and repressed countries that you've listed, but they do say charity begins at home so if people want to help their own city i don't think you should criticise them.