Super Tram - Where would you want it to go?

Send them to the scrap yard where all the other eye sores have gone. Why have we gone back to the early 1900's with our transport? Maybe one could go to the Tramway museum and the rest to children's playgrounds. Total waste of money and resources. Just my opinion though.

Not a very well justified opinion though.

It would be nice if it went to Scarborough! ha! ha!!

Send them to the scrap yard where all the other eye sores have gone. Why have we gone back to the early 1900's with our transport? Maybe one could go to the Tramway museum and the rest to children's playgrounds. Total waste of money and resources. Just my opinion though.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but do travel you by car?

If not how can you justify your opinion of the modern tram. As a public transport user I would rather get on a tram than a bus and I travel 5 days a week.

Ecclesall Road and all the way to Castle College but it will never happen- Eccy road isnt wide enough to take the tram aswell as conventional traffic.

Eccy road's plenty wide enough for vast lengths of it. The network won't be expanded though as the government aren't keen. Expect trolley buses instead like in Leeds http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1940408.ece

And they wouldn't be called trams they'd be called trolley buses!!!!!! :loopy:

They wouldn't if they didn't rely on overhead electric wires! Honestly! Read the post before you quote it! :loopy: :loopy:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but do travel you by car?

If not how can you justify your opinion of the modern tram. As a public transport user I would rather get on a tram than a bus and I travel 5 days a week.

You are forgiven. I travel by which ever mode of transport I want, my choice be it bus, car or tram. But it doesn't stop the trams and all those overhead cables from being an eye sore. The trams are only some use it the tracks go the way you want them to go where as buses can go on almost any road without the unsightly overhead wires. If a tram cannot move it blocks the road where as a bus/car/cycle can be moved off the road. Last week several of my friends were abandoned by the tram they were travelling on near the centre of town where as others using other modes of transport did get home. If it suits your journey then fine as long as it can run if not they is a useless waste of money.

You are forgiven. I travel by which ever mode of transport I want, my choice be it bus, car or tram. But it doesn't stop the trams and all those overhead cables from being an eye sore. The trams are only some use it the tracks go the way you want them to go where as buses can go on almost any road without the unsightly overhead wires. If a tram cannot move it blocks the road where as a bus/car/cycle can be moved off the road. Last week several of my friends were abandoned by the tram they were travelling on near the centre of town where as others using other modes of transport did get home. If it suits your journey then fine as long as it can run if not they is a useless waste of money.

Only yesterday I and several others were chucked off a bus on Hucklow rd because it broke down. Swings and roundabouts

Only yesterday I and several others were chucked off a bus on Hucklow rd because it broke down. Swings and roundabouts

I agree anything can brake down, but did it block the road or was it moved to the side of the road so other buses and cars could pass where as

if it had been a tram could another tram pass it?

when a tram breaks down, they are cleared remarkably quickly. and the network was designed with points so that it can continue to operate.

it is swings and roundabouts though, any large broken down vehicle will cause an issue.

But it doesn't stop the trams and all those overhead cables from being an eye sore. The trams are only some use it the tracks go the way you want them to go where as buses can go on almost any road without the unsightly overhead wires.

If overhead cables are an eye sore then there is always third rail, like that used by the Bordeaux trams.

Why was'nt Barnsley Rd used as a tram route,road wide enough, handy for N Gen ,could have gone right thro to chapletown.