Super Tram - Where would you want it to go?

Don't know why they didn't send it along Eccleshall Road to begin with.

The students would've loved it.

Remembering the road chaos when they were building Supertram, the thought of them putting a new route in anywhere makes me shudder. But having said that, if it went along Ecclesall Road (maybe with a park+ride for those of us a bit further out) I'd probably use it rather than take my car into town.

Ecclesall Road and all the way to Castle College but it will never happen- Eccy road isnt wide enough to take the tram aswell as conventional traffic.

I probably wouldn't benefit from it but I could see it being a good idea sending it past Jordanthorpe and the other estates and then sending it through to Dronfield. Its also relatively flat around that area.

Up East Bawtry Road towards Wickersley as was originally planned. Then they could connect that route through to Crystal Peaks and hey presto! the tram might be of some use to me.

Ecclesall Road and all the way to Castle College but it will never happen- Eccy road isnt wide enough to take the tram aswell as conventional traffic.

Since when has that stopped it? The obvious solution is to close Ecclesall Road to cars - you only have to look at Hillsborough to see how well this idea works.

Keep on dreaming. I can't see the network ever being extended. The proposal for a short extension up to the Hallamshire Hospital and Broomhill couldn't get Government support and if that's a non-starter then there's absolutely no chance of an extension anywhere else in Sheffield.

нσℓι∂αу ρℓα¢єѕ нєєнєє ι.є/ ѕкєggу :)

When you just want to get away from sheffield for the day just get on the tram it wud be great instead of having to take the car and get sevral trains to get there, also you could have a drink cos u dont have to drive ha ha ha

*ωιℓℓ ηєνєя нαρρєη тнσ

Up East Bawtry Road towards Wickersley as was originally planned. Then they could connect that route through to Crystal Peaks

There could even be a stop at Ulley country park. :D

There's no chance of an extension so better to concentrate on how the current limited system integrates with the buses. Currently it doesn't do this very well at all. I see they're planning buses to/from Malin Bridge park and ride tramstop. We need more of that kind of thing to serve the hospitals and places that are just beyond the tram system but not too far.

Other than at the existing interchanges, it's not easy for buses to serve the tram system at present. Langsett Rd for example has loads of buses and loads of trams but if you want to swap between the two (or just get on whichever comes first) it's very difficult in most places as the stops are too far apart or sightlines poor.

Massive increases to the amount, quality and frequency of buses is the way forward for Sheffield. We also need to make the bus network as easily understood and dependable as the tram system.