Super Tram - Where would you want it to go?

Sorry if this topic has already been started, but I just couldn't face looking at a few hundred search results.

Where would you like to see the Supertram go in the future?

To hell along with the fools that thought it up. :P

Instead of going over the fields from Birley Moor Road to the Old Harrow I think it would have been better going on Birley Moor Road, Frecheville, up Mansfield Road to the Manor Top. Going that way I'm sure it would have picked more people up than going over a glof course. In fact they could have made a junction as it comes from Hackenthorpe and across Birley Moor Road, still go over the fields and pick up at Gleadless, but also a branch to go up through Frecheville to the Manor Top.

Instead of going over the fields from Birley Moor Road to the Old Harrow I think it would have been better going on Birley Moor Road, Frecheville, up Mansfield Road to the Manor Top. Going that way I'm sure it would have picked more people up than going over a glof course. In fact they could have made a junction as it comes from Hackenthorpe and across Birley Moor Road, still go over the fields and pick up at Gleadless, but also a branch to go up through Frecheville to the Manor Top.

Definatley not up mansfield road, its chaos traffic in morning up there already and with the tram stopping and blocking the road of while it picks up passengers wold be a nightmare.

Definatley not up mansfield road, its chaos traffic in morning up there already and with the tram stopping and blocking the road of while it picks up passengers wold be a nightmare.

Wouldn't lots of the drivers prefer to use the tram? Could cut the traffic down loads! :roll:

Going that way I'm sure it would have picked more people up than going over a glof course.

Indeed. The attractiveness of using the tram from the Crystal Peaks area is diminished by the long and circuitous route which the line takes.

If they got rid of the stupid metal rails they run on and their reliance on electricity from overhread cables and put some nice soft rubber tyres on each corner, they could go anywhere!

you mean here?

or pehaps here

I was thinking of the traditional catholic image with all the fire and a large bloke who has a goat fixation and a bad temper. :D

Wasn't there plans to extend it down the Ecclesall (No H, see I am learning) at one point ?