...PDSA are a joke...

Is this really the right word?

Is anybody actually 'entitled' to help from a charity?

'deserving' perhaps, but ...

Do you really need to nit pick about the OP's choice of words?...her sister met the requirements to qualify for the treatment is that not good enough for you?

My own experience of the PDSA was last year when my cat had to be put to sleep she was sick and old and it was expected but none the less devastating, the cat went up to the vet friendly, happy and purring then came to me, all i asked was that i be allowed to cuddle my cat while they gave her the injection, the vet abruptly said no and got a nurse to come and hold her, the vet was very abrupt and uncaring... no this does not make him a bad vet but does it have to be as bad as it can be just because a person cannot afford full vet fees? the nurse obviously embarrassed said sometimes it was best for them to deal with it, well i am more than capable of holding my own animal as i have always done so before, i feel it is my role as my animals love and trust me, because of this my cat struggled and cried she ended her life being afraid and upset, and i will never forget her last moments i cant say they were either nice nor peaceful :(

First of all may i tell you that the pdsa was set up circa 1917 for the purpose of providing veterinary care for animals whose owners could not afford private care.This worked very well for around 80 year's but then around the early nineties the pdsa began to notice that many people were abusing the system so a stringent veting of custermers was introduced.(abuse included people bringing other peoples pets,people turning up in £50,000 cars and others turning up with animals that cost well over £1000)all saying they could not afford private care.So if anyone does use the pdsa and have all the correct benifits you have no problem, however when they give you a mock receipt for the cost that it would have cost private(many of these run to thousands of pounds) and you dont put a penny in, please think why the staff are somtimes a little less than plesant.

A lot of vets do their bit for PDSA but in reality its for their own conscience. One thing vets really do care for is money. Of course if you get a caring vet then its a bonus for both you and your pet.

A lot of vets do their bit for PDSA but in reality its for their own conscience. One thing vets really do care for is money. Of course if you get a caring vet then its a bonus for both you and your pet.

Trust me they would'nt work at the pdsa if they were in it for the cash

I know what you mean with the money people taking people on benefits to the PDSA to get their animals treated, its disgusting. The last thing a vet wants is to treat a pet who's owner has a Range Rover Vogue with a higher spec than their own.

Do you really need to nit pick about the OP's choice of words?...her sister met the requirements to qualify for the treatment is that not good enough for you?

No. I wasn't nitpicking.

I was raising the, very, relevant issue that some people regard themselves as being 'entitled' to something that is being provided and paid for by someone else.

Has the sister raised a complaint with the PDSA?

In your own case, have you considered that they have strict guidelines to avoid accidents such as injuring you?

Have you raised a complaint with the PDSA?

I know what you mean with the money people taking people on benefits to the PDSA to get their animals treated, its disgusting. The last thing a vet wants is to treat a pet who's owner has a Range Rover Vogue with a higher spec than their own.

Dont think theycan afford a rover metro never mind a rr on the pay they get

No. I wasn't nitpicking.

I was raising the, very, relevant issue that some people regard themselves as being 'entitled' to something that is being provided and paid for by someone else.

Has the sister raised a complaint with the PDSA?

In your own case, have you considered that they have strict guidelines to avoid accidents such as injuring you?

Have you raised a complaint with the PDSA?

Well unfortunately i do think you are nit picking as many often do on here, just because a person uses different words does not mean that they don't understand the issues around charities etc does it?

I understand about the risks etc but would have happily signed something to clear them of that,and its never ever been a problem in the past.

No i didn't raise a complaint although i did think about it, i was very upset and hurt about how my cat died, and i wish it had been handled better but no matter how i complain it won't make what happened any better will it? and i do know not all staff at the PDSA are like that and they provide a good service in general...perhaps people do need to tell them when things go wrong, but i'm not entirely sure it will make any difference!

Well unfortunately i do think you are nit picking as many often do on here, just because a person uses different words does not mean that they don't understand the issues around charities etc does it?

'many' often 'nitpick? or 'many' often think as you do?

Anyway, you ask a question.

Without using the correct words, we have no other, reliable, way of making any judgement as to what a poster may or may not believe.

The OP describes a worthwhile charity as 'a joke' in the title. Would it be 'nitpicking' to decry this, as well?

'many' often 'nitpick? or 'many' often think as you do?

Anyway, you ask a question.

Without using the correct words, we have no other, reliable, way of making any judgement as to what a poster may or may not believe.

The OP describes a worthwhile charity as 'a joke' in the title. Would it be 'nitpicking' to decry this, as well?

I have said all i want or need to say, and do not wish to spend my evening debating with you about things that to me do not matter, the issue here is how people are treated at the PDSA i am happy to stick to that!

One of our cats developed an allergic reaction last night so at 8.30pm I found myself ringing around the emergency vet numbers. I came accross one called Peak Vets just off Chesterfield Road. They quoted me a cheaper price than the PDSA! I realise that different vets all utilise the PDSA after hours but surely the rates should be consistent.

Anyway, we had a vet called Steven who was great and seemed very genuine, we are going back tomorrow for a check up and if no further meds needed there is no extra charge for seeing us. The fee hurt the wallet a bit but after the injections he gave her she has perked up a lot so well worth it.

This must be a wind up,have 2 dogs and 2 cats and all have at some time been to the pdsa and the staff and vets have always been fantastic to us and our pets,and no way are the vets in it for the money,they are in it because they love what they do,have the utmost respect for all of the staff at pdsa