...PDSA are a joke...

My sisters cat had kittens, and one got poorly (he was struggling to breath and panting) so she went to emergency pdsa and the staff was very nasty. My sister was upset she was crying and the night staff on reception said that she could not have treatment because she was lying about being on benefits, she is off sick from work at the moment and getting housing and council tax benefit. and when the vet so buddy she said dont have pets if you cant afford them she should have kept her opinions to herself. she said fetch him down in the morning. so she did and the receptionist was horrible and nasty while she was talking about the kitten she had a mouth full of food and also held up personal info up to the window so everyone could see, my sister was so upset by this. i think that they are nasty and need a lesson in customer care.

Now because of PDSA neglect 2 kittens have died, they were really happy and healthy before this happend.

Sorry about the kittens but please dont tar them all with the same brush because of one bad apple.

Hope your sis is ok now:)

Sorry about the kittens but please dont tar them all with the same brush because of one bad apple.

Hope your sis is ok now:)

My sis still upset and her cats are her life she loves them like children to her they are her babies. Now she wont ever go back to PDSA, yesterday she took her cats to a private vet.

What they need to realise is that sometimes through no fault of their own people's circumstances can change after they have got pets.

I get really annoyed when I hear of charities turning people away when they should be helping.

What they need to realise is that sometimes through no fault of their own people's circumstances can change after they have got pets.

I get really annoyed when I hear of charities turning people away when they should be helping.

My sister was entitled the treatment and they did look at the kitten in the end but they made it so embarrassing that she broke down and cried in the waiting room. And also the vet said that if the kitten got worse over the weekend to bring him back to emergency clinic when my sister tried on sunday the receptionist said it could wait till the next day, the kitten died a couple our later

My sister was entitled the treatment and they did look at the kitten in the end but they made it so embarrassing that she broke down and cried in the waiting room. And also the vet said that if the kitten got worse over the weekend to bring him back to emergency clinic when my sister tried on sunday the receptionist said it could wait till the next day, the kitten died a couple our later

Id make an official complaint. This receptionist cleary doesnt have what it takes to do what shes doing.

Give your sister my best:thumbsup::)

My sister was entitled the treatment .........

Is this really the right word?

Is anybody actually 'entitled' to help from a charity?

'deserving' perhaps, but ...

having been to the pdsa previously most of the vets have been considerate and helpfull at times of upset however there was one oldish lady vet who was very abrupt and although obviously good at her job could definately benefit from some people skills lessons we eventually made a complaint about her attitude and now although use private vets whenever possible still donate monthly to pdsa and dogs trust

you cant judge the whole pdsa by one bad vet and receptionist

although i agree that i would have probably strangled them myself

My sister had a very similar experience not so long ago at the same place but it was the receptionist who was rude to her. She rang to make an appointment and asked what ID she would need, she took down with her exactly what they asked for only to be told that it wasn't good enough.

So, my normally hard as nails sis was in floods of tears because she had only just managed to get a german shepherd into her car, the dogs leg was pouring with blood and was whimpering in pain (turned out the dog needed an operation).

It was only when a vet came out to reception and asked what was going on that they actually saw her and the vet couldn't see a problem with the ID that she took with her in the first place!

you cant judge the whole pdsa by one bad vet and receptionist

being opinionated, abrupt or not a people person doesn't make them a bad vet.

i visit a vet because he is abrupt.i took my dog ,who turned out to have cancer,the vet said the best i can i can give YOU is 7-10 days, but the DOG doesn't deserve to have to wait to die.

i wept buckets and agreed.

i had to have two pets pts at the same time - i am still upset over a year later but i respect his "callous" attitude and opinion to this day more than any "we'll try this or that" vet - who gives a damn if the owner feels like crap it's the pet that's important.

when i said she was abrupt i maybe could have put it better i appreciate straight talking and when my old terrier reached the end the vet was straight to the point and i understood

but the attitude and way the vet i mentioned in the first post was more rude and offensive than straight talk

To be fair Willman, it's the way they make you feel at the PDSA (sometimes), like you are the lowest of the low for even daring to own a pet and not taking it to a private vet. Some people can't afford to see a dentist either but it doesn't mean that they should be made to feel like crap for going to somewhere like Charles Cliffords.

I admit that some people take the pee and put a strain on resources but they can't look at everyone in that way, there are genuine people who are in need of help by places like PDSA, yes they could "get rid of their pets" but to most pet owners this would be like giving up a child.

I have previously known people to take their pets to a private vet and get into debt with the fees rather than go to PDSA to be looked down on (as they have before).