IE7 - Run in compatibility mode?

I have a piece of software which utlises internet explorer for the browsing.

Works fine on IE6, doesn't on IE7.

Anyway I can choose to run IE7 in compatibility mode for IE6 or something like that?

or just not bother with IE7, I tried it and found my machine wasn't as fast as it used to be, so I restored a backup and went back to IE6

not everyones solution but works for me

The software just doesn't run properly, error messages and none of the search function is there. It was some car parts software for old cars that I made a backup copy for someone, and they can't get it to work as they have IE7.

I assume this is some sort of java applet or scripted web page then, have you checked the security settings in IE7 they are a bit tighter than for IE6

Try START, RUN then

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

Try START, RUN then

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

Just tried that, the trouble is the software uses a plugin called grafixview to make it work.

Is there anywhere I can try it with all add ons switched off except for that one?

I'll have to email the chap and let him know I don't have a solution for him at the moment. :(

I have a problem you might be able to help me with. Ever since I got Vista I have not been able to edit my web site. Obviously with Vista I am using IE7.

I wonder what would happen if I downloaded IE6? Would that be possible with Vista?

I have tried other browsers but they don't work either, but XP is fine.