Winn Gardens News, Requirements, Updates... and telly!

Yes. A fair few of us are in contact with each other in all of this.

======================================

UPDATES FOR WINN GARDEN - Fri - 29/06 - 09:45

======================================

Fox20thc just contacted me and wanted me to publish this.

They do appreciate all the offers and donations. What furnitures that have been donated have filled their available storage spaces. lol. So, can people please hang onto their items, or maybe just forward details to myself via email, or even to Andco via her email too. She said that most houses have their electricites restored except a handful left.

Fox20thc said that Winn Gardens do not need the following any more as there are enough donated already:

- no more clothing, or blankets

- no more furnitures, as there are no storage spaces

(If you have any, hang onto them, as they may be useful for Catcliffe area instead.)

=======

WANTED

=======

- cleaning products

- mops

- rubber gloves

- non-perishable foods

- Cleaning ladies and gents. :hihi:

If you feel like getting mucky, then do not be shy and do come forward. :D Let us know, and we will co-ordinate the manpower to the jobs. Some work are weather pending too.

MentalMomma - please see above re.clothing - can you hang on to these items please?

kt

Won't be dropping my donations off today, will be dropping them off tomorrow as i can get help with the stuff tomorrow and i have a few carrier bags through. It should be around lunchtime that i drop them off. Will that be ok?

as far as I am aware Princess, Jane will be there between 12-3pm for collections :thumbsup:

I unfortunately have to go back to work (had three days off to do flood duty, should be there for my last day with the company :D ) call the office, 2855005/9

I saw the footage of Winn Gardens on Sky News earlier, was unbelievable. My auntie lives on the Winn Gardens, heard she is ok. But not sure how her house is , its the last thing she needs, as her husband/my uncle died last Tuesday. :(

:( I know, how awful for her. We made sure the workers and volunteers knew and were respectful that day.

as far as I am aware Princess, Jane will be there between 12-3pm for collections :thumbsup:

I unfortunately have to go back to work (had three days off to do flood duty, should be there for my last day with the company :D ) call the office, 2855005/9

Thanks for that. I will see if i get a chance to do that, or i may just call near by and see.

Hi. We're just back.

By the time we got to the Beeley Wood Pub... everyone had dispersed! >.<

I asked the owner of the Late Shopper, he did say that they just literally got electricity back within the past hour or so.

When I said that people that we knew "Foxy from the SF", he said "Who"?? :P

I think some people were quite touched when we said that we just were people who read an internet website and just put some stuff together. :)

Well, we drove round in a circle and knocked on people's door to distribute the food. I think most people just went home after they got electricity back. Some people had gas cookers were okay. Some people that had electric cooker were told not to switch them on. So the hot food was welcomed.

So thank you for helping everyone.

A big thank to Mort who was the delivery person. :)

If people want to contact friends or family in Winn Garden areas, I think they may be able to get through to their landlines now. A lot of houses had lights on upstairs. Some areas had a little flooding, and others more.

I spoke to a resident who was out when you dropped off, Marge :) She didn't know I was foxy, she just told me about the lovely people who had gone to so much trouble just for them :)

These kind of things rub off, and the kindness is spreading. A neighbour heard about a baby who needed a cot, he has lost everything but... he knew somebody who had one so got straight on the phone to sort it out... kindness is very catching :thumbsup:

Where is St Vincent's? Sorry, I don't know Sheffield that well. I have some stuff that might be useful. Will they be open this evening? I'd rather drop off after the evening rush has died down if possible.

Its on Queens Road, not sure what number but most voluntary organisiations will have number if not in book, I have it at work if not got anywhere by Monday call me at Sure Start 0114 2503060, or will post on here for ya.

xxxx

Hallam Central Council Area

SVP Sheffield Furniture Scheme

Mr Ralph Dickens

• The Basement, St Wilfrid's Day Centre, 524 Queens Road S2 4DT - 0114 2500707

[email protected]

The contact details for st. Vincent De Paul furniture collections in Sheffield.

Sorry, I didn't manage to update the info yesterday about St Vincent De Paul.

Hallam Central Council Area

SVP Sheffield Furniture Scheme

Mr Ralph Dickens

• The Basement, St Wilfrid's Day Centre, 524 Queens Road S2 4DT - 0114 2500707 [email protected]

The contact details for st. Vincent De Paul furniture collections in Sheffield.

The number is correct. I was given a contact from Jane at Winn Gardens, and the lady working for St Vincent also wanted me to mention that, donors/flood victims should ring 2500707 too.

Donors - St Vincent is in a referral system for different flooded areas or organisation. You can donate an item, and St Vincent can collect it from you. If you want your item to help a flooded victim, then do let them know.

Flood Victims - Please come forward if you do need furnitures. You need to go through the council's homes department, in order to be referred to St Vincents. Or you can try to contact St Vincent directly to see what they say.

I neighbour of mine has a high chair and bedside tables going begging if anybody wants them I can deliver to fllod victims. PM me for more info.

**** just to let you know ****

I am at work today and stupidly left my mobile phone at home so cannot answer any calls/texts etc. :roll: (feels like I lost a limb!)

Please bear with us. I think the office is open til three at the pavilion but not sure, to check call 2855005/9

Alternatively could you hang fire until Monday :)

Foxy xx

Hi Fox, hope you've managed to get some rest these past few days! Thanks for being so welcoming and organised for all us randoms who turned up at Winn Gardens to get mucky :D Do you need people to help this weekend as have a couple of hours here and there?

Also, has anyone heard what is going on Rotherham way in terms of cleaning up? From what I could gather at work they were generally waiting for the water levels to go down and to see what happens this weekend.

Has anyone heard differently?