If you want to say 'Thank You', say it here! (Merged Threads)

Merged as requested!

And while I'm on this thread (and he'll probably never read it):

A huge thank you to a young man by the name of Nathan who went out of his way to help a certain SF mod get home when her car threw a wobbly from sitting in queues for hours leaving her with an 8 mile walk home.

You're a gent.

I love this city, thanks to the emergency services and all the people who have helped each other tonight.

This city is the best. Its restored my faith in human kindness.

Well done Sheffield:thumbsup:

Im once again, feeling very humbled and proud of our amazing and ever professional emergency services here in Sheffield, and the RAF pilots.

Well done to you all, you did an amazing job despite lack of resources for amount of people you rescued and helped. Be very proud. :thumbsup:

What a lovely thought - I'm one of them and had my team out on Penistone Rd until the early hrs.

The whole thing was surreal - starting a day really normally then ending with all that chaos.

It was hard to put into words everthing that we saw, but the overriding impression for me, apart from the water levels was that of a really eerie silence , only spoiled by alarms going off, and people walking around in shock, dazed, confused and not knowing where on earth to turn.

Lots of us were soaked and tired out, but that pails into insignificance at the difficulties and losses sustained by the people of this wonderful city of ours.

My personal thanks to the hundreds of motorists who were amazingly patient and understanding last night - I've often laughed when I've read comments about the war time spirit, but finally understood it last night.

Personally, thanks to the Asian lady on Infirmary Rd who brought hot tea out to my team - don't know who she was, but thats the best tea I've tasted in years.

Thanks Barnie - I'm sure if your colleagues want to put a note up here as to where they're working, I bet any nearby Forummers will step up with tea and coffee, etc.

We've got a genuinely caring and helpful community on here who want to show their gratitude to you fellows!

Thanks very, very much!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Big up the emergency services!

Thanks Barnie - I'm sure if your colleagues want to put a note up here as to where they're working, I bet any nearby Forummers will step up with tea and coffee, etc.

We've got a genuinely caring and helpful community on here who want to show their gratitude to you fellows!

Thanks very, very much!

Joe - Our people are all over the city - If people want to help out - thats great - tea/coffee always goes down well. Bear in mind the council workers and anyone else who is digging in at this critical time. This situation will get 'sorted' - awful as it seems

There's only one way through all this - thats together eh!

Yeah, we like a good moan but thumbs up to the emergency services for all of their work!

My OH was one of the people dispatching the police and co-ordinating the helicopters last night. He had to abandon his car but he made a heroic effort to get to work and did his (frantic and chaotic) shift and got home very late and exhausted.

Much more behind the scenes but yet another of the endless but crucial roles.

Joe - Our people are all over the city - If people want to help out - thats great - tea/coffee always goes down well. Bear in mind the council workers and anyone else who is digging in at this critical time. This situation will get 'sorted' - awful as it seems

There's only one way through all this - thats together eh!

Cheers Barnie - I've suggested elsewhere that an immediate practical way that people can help is to offer anyone doing this sort of work a hot drink, a place to dry their boots and a place to get warm.

Like you say - we get through these things together.

I`d like to say a big thanks to the emergancy services and the RAF who helped all the people in sheffield last night i know they had a tough job with what was happening in and around south yorkshire last night