If you want to say 'Thank You', say it here! (Merged Threads)

Thanks for the kind words.. .My fellow cops will appreciate it...

I must admit, I personally am always impressed by the fire service and their ability to work well under pressure in such situations....

The co-ordinated efforts by the emergency services and their local government partnership agencies, during the floods, has been really successful and has saved many lives and much property..

It's such a shame that not everyone could have been saved...

Am someone who was welcomed by Sheffield a few years ago, I would like to say that the Sheffield spirit is incredible. It will not be long before the harsh realities will hit people, but I can safely say that no matter what Sheffield people will be fine.

I also would like to congratulate the emergency services et al for their support during the areas worst floods they have ever seen. Thank you all! Keep up the good work!

Many Thanks To Everyone, Just Shows U When Something Happens The World Becomes Civil... Why Cant We All Just Get Along.. And All Help Eachother, Helping Eachother... Huge Thankyou To You All!!!!!!

Im sat listening to Radio Sheffield about the floods and people wanting help, ive all this time on my hands, partially disabled with athritis, and i cant help the people of my city, as ive no transport and live too far away from the places that are flooded, my hubby said there wasnt much i could do, but i could pour cuppas and give food out, i havent any material things to give.

But i am thinking about everyone, and will say a little prayer for all these poor folks:(

aww that made the hairs raise on my arms... very thoughtful.. respect goes out to suerr :):):):):)

wow, its heartwarming to see how the people of sheffield have pulled together during this awful time. i moved to devon 4 years ago leaving behind my whole family. i only wish there was something i could do. my family have been devastated by this and lost so much.naturally i am beside myself with worry but after reading this feel better knowing there are wonderfully brave amazing people that will help them. i am truly proud of my roots. thankyou to everyone , you are all equally brilliant and i hope the rest of the country realise this........im certainly spreading the word down here!!!!!

aww that made the hairs raise on my arms... very thoughtful.. respect goes out to suerr :):):):):)

Sorry for sounding a bit soppy love :) just that im Sheffield born and bred, and just wish i could do more :)

No sorry is necessary, I respect you for your feelings! :):):):):):):) and so will everyone else i can only imagine i am not just thinking the same! BIG SMILES. (LIL_PROC):)

I'm startng this thread to express my great appreciation to other volunteers who have helped me to make what I'm doing that much easier and quicker.

Right now a mega thanks to the very kind forum lady who dropped everything went back home to Hillsborough to collect the canister for the camp cooking stove last night;

Swan_Vesta for making several collections in town and my home and then took me out to Winn Gdns & Catcliffe, helped us make a preliminary assessment of the damage then dropped me back in to town. On finding I'd dropped my mobile down the side of the car seat he's now had to schlapp back from hillsborough to Hunters bar again;' All this on the last day before he goes back to work. Truly very kind and generous donation of his time. An absolute star :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing myself when I went to Winn Gardens, it's clear that it isn't just the named people on here who are making such a collosal effort - there are those who are quietly giving and tranporting things to people who need them and we don't all know about it.

I don't know who came to Jellytots with bags of clothes today but thankyou - I shall see that they go where they are needed along with our own bags of donations.

For all those people who have given to Andco, Bago, Madmutt, Elmo etc for the items to be transported, well done.

Naturally those named above are doing something brilliant and deserve thanks, I'm just glad to be able to point out the nameless others :)

Oh my god where do I start?

bago, andco, madmutt, Elmo, Zebra all the SF Crew... forummers keeping the boards moving and the offers getting to the building.

ALL of you who have donated to the Winn Flood! Far to many of you to mention! We thank you all.

The amazing Swan Vesta, Buckster and Betty who spent hours here cleaning up for residents whose homes were full of sludge and muck and filth! They worked like troupers and loved it.

Hennypenny! You do amazing food :love:Sanman and his lovely wonderful wifey, Mrs Sanman worked here solidly for two days helped pack bags, clean up deliver things and the rest :D

Lindseyw, you can blag for England girly!

I eventually got my carpets up and out of the house today thanks to the brute strength of Sanman (I've been too busy to think about my home but it was beginning to stink a lot!)

Church volunteers today who handed out supplies and did general dogsbody work for us. The lovely volunteers who just turned up! I don't know your names but you were fab. The Sally Army for the soup kitchen when everything was wet and horrid.

Hillsborough School for their donations of supplies, Marlcliffe Primary for their help..

the big guns! Waitrose, John Lewis, Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisions, Makro, CCC, Netto, Megacentre, B&Q, the babyshop .. more I could list but my brain is dead :huh:

And finally, even though I'm sure I missed loads out but I love you all, thanks to the residents of Winn for coping in a crisis, getting on with it and being supportive and gracious of those in need less fortunate than others. Including my old Mucker Jane Darby who gets on my proverbials on a daily basis and is bossy as hell but I love her! (most of the time :suspect:)

Big hugs from Foxy to you all...

Fingers crossed for an uneventful weekend... xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone actually thanked you Fox? You've been an absolute hero and I've no doubt that everyone has the utmost respect for what you are doing, I just hope someone remembered to thank you and give you a great big hug :)

I nearly bypassed shaking your hand yesterday to give you a hug instead, felt a little silly though :D