Affected areas questions

I think I'll pack the car with supplies in case of delays!!

Thanks

I was looking to rent one of the flats in the Cracknell Building down at the flats at Millsands. I understand the floods have affected the surrounding area but i just wondered if the flats themselves at Cracknell have been affected?

I've come from High Green at lunch time and got a lift to Chapletown to get the 88 bus from there - we cut out a lot of the traffic on Wortley Road and down, but even then the bus still sat in traffic for a while down Ecclesfield Road, and this was at 12.30pm, so God knows what it'll be like at rush hour. Took me 40 minutes on the bus this morning from Chapletown to High Green - couldn't believe the amount of traffic going into town - we'd had no problems till then!

Good luck...

Well I can tell you the ground floor of the IM building was flooded. I also know of someone who lives in some of the flats (not sure which block) that ended up having to wade through the hallway on Monday night.

They've done the same in Leeds, put apartments right next to the river - whose idea was that anyway!!?

I was looking to rent one of the flats in the Cracknell Building down at the flats at Millsands. I understand the floods have affected the surrounding area but i just wondered if the flats themselves at Cracknell have been affected?

See my post above, that was in answer to this question :)

I have just been down part of the road and noticed loads of kids swimming in the flooded fields next to the road it's full of sewarage who knows what it's contaminated with and what health implications there could be for them:gag:

If there are any Parents on here from Eckington renishaw or even other surrounding areas and you don't know where your children are i would take a look down there as there is loads down there.

I think it could be dangerous still aswell because the river is running not to far from where they are and all it takes is for them to venture to far out and get washed away by the current i just hope it does not come to that :(

What are the roads like around Renishaw and Killamarsh now?

killamarsh is ok - every tom dick and harry thinks its a rat run for the m1 today.

Hi

Can anyone help a friend in need? My poor friend needs to get to Barnsley Interchange to Meadowhall tomorrow morning before 9am!!!!!! Is there a way she can get there? Many thnax.

does anyone know if the flood in eckington has gone? I will (hopefully) be catching a 53 stagecoach bus tomoz from clowne to sheffield, they havnt been running to sheffield for past 2 days cos if it.

My OH and me had planned to visit Sheffield this weekend but after this week's events are having second thoughts.

We would be travelling down the A1/M1, then onto Stannington.

What would be the advice? I know the M1 has re-opened but are there any problems on it (apart from the usual) and would there be any difficulty getting to Stannington from the motorway?

Any helpful replies appreciated.

The problem was by the golf course at Renishaw? Don't know the answer!