Latest news from Meadowhall?

Yes its a shame that a profitable commercial venture liek Meadowhall gets resources thrown at it to fix the problems and residential areas have to wait, but people don't seem to realise that we live in a capitalist society - money rules.

I don't particularly like it, but you have to take the rough with the smooth. People prefer to spend their money how they choose (in places like Meadowhall) rather than be taxed enough to pay for decent services.

i dont want to get involved in an argument but feel we pay enough tax as it is

Noone wants to pay more tax but everyone wants better services. Moral of the story - you can't always get what you want.

or maybe get the council and goverment to spend better and not get paid as much

Does anyone know if Halifax is open? I need to go there tonight. If they close it today could someone please let me know. Thanks

The wife has just called me up to say that the place is cold damp and smelly, tiles are lifted and broken and there is very little open. Sounds like they are going to take time to get this place back to what it once was.

th_062907151858.jpg

th_062907151642.jpg

th_062907151559.jpg

th_062807151421.jpg

th_062807151243.jpg

th_062807151216.jpg

th_062807150943.jpg

th_062807150614.jpg

some pictures taken last thursday of the centre of meadowhall

the first one shows how high the water got at the USC escalator

next is the T Mobile shop

then the order is

New Look

Wallis

Clintons

Republic

HMV

Virgin Megastore

USC was by far the worst hit, but couldnt get a picture which showed how much damage had been done

Topic.

I've just come back a bit since from my usual trip to Meadowhall for my work placement, I got there and discovered that most of the shops are boarded up, the Cinema's still shut, and nothing in the Oasis is open.

Even the Management Suite is closed!

Yet according to the Meadowhall webby they're supposed to be open as normal from today! What the hell?!

Anyway just thought I'd save people the trip to Meadowhall.

I have an interview there tomorrow and we're meeting outside Republic, then moving elsewhere to conduct the interview, so i'm guessing all round that area is shut ?

Rich do you listen to any news?

They told us this morning that the opening is only partial and the whole lower floors are closed and that some other stores/services will not be open.