Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

Well I'm at work in S1 2DH (nr Cathedral) and everything seems completely normal. All the shops were open as usual yesterday... I won't know if they're open today until my lunch break, but I can't see why they wouldn't be.

Heh, just been told by the helpline that S1 will be 12-3 (maybe), so the information is confusing.

Usefull!!! :loopy:

um...I have no phone still, and only 12p left on my mobile, can anyone tell me when to expect S6 4 to go down pls?

Well I'm at work in S1 2DH (nr Cathedral) and everything seems completely normal. All the shops were open as usual yesterday... I won't know if they're open today until my lunch break, but I can't see why they wouldn't be.

I thought if the power is going to be cut the shops would close that's all, no lights, tills off etc. I also need to use a cash machine!!

um...I have no phone still, and only 12p left on my mobile, can anyone tell me when to expect S6 4 to go down pls?

I work round here, and we've been told uptill 12, if doesn't happen by then it probably wont.

That's ok then, thanks Raskel :thumbsup:

Im exactly the same! S6 4 and no phone for 2 days now and mobile credit severly dwindling!

I tried calling the 0800 375 6751 number but it only gave me three options- report a dangerous situation, a line for what to do if I have no electricity, or a general enquiries line.

if there is no mention of power cuts, am I to assume this may not be going ahead now in S3?

I'm confused. :huh:

Im exactly the same! S6 4 and no phone for 2 days now and mobile credit severly dwindling!

well at least virgin have managed to get my tv and internet back on, so at least I have this place lol

Just heard there's a high probability that power will go off to parts of S1 between 12-3pm (according to our facilities team)

well the original number no longer seems to be broadcasting the recorded message, and nor is the new number.

So now it's just down to randomness again :D

well at least virgin have managed to get my tv and internet back on, so at least I have this place lol

Lucky you! Our tv is still not working!!! When did it come bk on?