School, college,hospitals and business closures discussion

hi all i just wondered if anyone had any news what schools are open tomorow? beck or wisewood,,,

Got to work at 6.45am this morning to find call centre in Attercliffe I work at in darkness, no traffic lights are on around the arena & power out, we've got no electricity in building, no gas so obviously no heating, back up generator has 4/6 hrs of power available, no phone lines or internet connection was on, but managed to get online just before 10am, staff phoning in this morning were told to stay home, apparently they shut up at 8pm last night, they are providing staff with free hot drinks & sandwiches, I have spent the last 2 hrs here now home trying to get warm, why can't businesses like this just close for 1 day?

Just been informed that the car park will close tonight at 6.30 and will not be reopening until further notice.

I'm wondering that Wisewood and Marlcliffe

Just been informed that the car park will close tonight at 6.30 and will not be reopening until further notice.

what car park ???

Been in touch with secretary at beck primary school. They are telling parents that the school WILL be open tomorrow.

yeha its ok saying exams are being moved to caste, i live in southey green.. how are we supposed to get there when the routes in are blocked, i mean what will happen to the exam, will i get another day to sit it, surely they cant blame the students?

Apologies if this one has already featuredbut just checked my email and there's this from: Sheffield Theatres

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

All performances on Tuesday 26th June 2007 have been cancelled due to the severe weather conditions.

Following advice from Sheffield Police and City Council for people not to travel into the city today, we regret that this evening’s performances in the Lyceum (Opera North), and the Crucible Main House and Studio (Children’s Festival) have been cancelled.

To ensure the safety of our audiences and performers we are following the advice of the police and the council for people not to travel into the city.

Audiences will be informed by telephone as soon as possible, and offered alternative dates or a refund.

hows wednesday looking,

is it going to be ather stay inside and do nothing day,

i have an exam but i figure theres no way i can get into town.

has ne1 been into the wicker today. whats it like down there?

what car park ???

The multi storey car park

Any News On Wisewood School????

any1 heard about parkwood, longley or norfolk park school?:)