Choosing The Sex of Our Babies

I think it is good that we have the technology in place that could assist a family that is prone to a gender specific disease.

However that does throw up a whole bunch of moral issues.

Personally I don't car what sex the baby is as long as it alive and healthy. I didn't opt to know the sex of either of my kids and I don't think I will for this one.

Moon Maiden

Personally, I have always said that any of my babies would be welcome and loved whichever sex it is. However, if it is possible to choose the sex, again, that is alright and if it makes people happy then what is wrong with it?

I think the problem comes from some section sof society that deem girls as less important than male ones.

I know that Barnsley hospital stopped telling people the sex of their baby whether they wanted to or not, due to these couples aborting the baby if it was a girl. This could be mere rumour but it came from the hospital themselves.

Moon Maiden

Personally I would think that there would be a surge in the population of female babies if parents were given the choice, as many mothers may opt to have a daughter if the sex was determined simply by filling out a form and not by chance:P

Archived