The Myers Grove - Wisewood schools merge debate

should wisewood/myers merger go ahead?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. should wisewood/myers merger go ahead?

• No- Don't merge the schools
    • Yes- Merge the schools
    • No- Keep both schools open, spend the money improving both schools

Didn't think you were supposed to used this forum for polital canvassing as your standing as Lib dem councillor

Didn't think you were supposed to used this forum for polital canvassing as your standing as Lib dem councillor

Who is this aimed at?

There are many councillors who use the Sheffield Forum - Labour, Lib Dem, Conservative and maybe Independant.

I thought ummeesk (aka Joe Taylor) was the Lib Dem candidate?

Who are you talking about.

To be honest I am glad some of the politicians read and contribute.

It shows the power of the forum.

Sorry to hear about the judge's view loopylulu.

Keep up the fight.

Something will give soon.

Don't forget the longer this drags on the more chance the Libs get in and reverse the decision in May.

Not a big supporter of theirs but they have got it right on this one.

I just hope they stick to their guns and stop the merger when they get in.

If they don't . . . . . well. . . .

Sorry to hear about the judge's view loopylulu.

Keep up the fight.

Something will give soon.

Don't forget the longer this drags on the more chance the Libs get in and reverse the decision in May.

Not a big supporter of theirs but they have got it right on this one.

I just hope they stick to their guns and stop the merger when they get in.

If they don't . . . . . well. . . .

Im sure they would stop it if they got in Blusky, they gave it there best shot this year but the underhand tactics of Labour stopped that!!

We will fight this to the very end!!

Im sure they would stop it if they got in Blusky, they gave it there best shot this year but the underhand tactics of Labour stopped that!!

We will fight this to the very end!!

Good on you. Will help when I can.

As for the Libs - good luck there too. I think they will take over in May. I hope that is the answer to the problem.

Can they reverse the situation if they get in?

Good on you. Will help when I can.

As for the Libs - good luck there too. I think they will take over in May. I hope that is the answer to the problem.

Can they reverse the situation if they get in?

hope they can reverse the situation BUT who knows!!!

one thing for sure is the nembers dont add up for the new school after reading friday nites star!!

i mean it says the school will be for 1050 pupils, and they hope to atract children from bradfield school and stocksbridge:loopy:

SO i like to know where are the other children going to go to school because if you add both the myers pupils and wisewood pupils numbers together its alot higher than 1050!!!!!

as said bradfield will be full by the time the new school opens SO this means children will have to travel all over the place to differant school rusult =more traffic , more air pollution

THANKS LABOUR NOT VERY GREEN PARTY IS YA!!!

news just in

School merger review refused

A JUDGE has refused a parents' appeal to apply for a Judicial Review over Sheffield Council's conduct of the proposed Wisewood and Myers Grove school merger.

Members of Save Our Community Schools opposed to the merger claimed the council's consultation processes were flawed.

thanks for that foxy hows your "labours hillsboro forum group going" for traffic reports etc

its a shame you never got involved in the fight to stop the merger,

thanks for that foxy hows your " hillsborough forum group going" for traffic reports etc

its a shame you never got involved in the fight to stop the merger,

When you stop politicising every single query I might be in the mood to discuss.

When you stop politicising every single query I might be in the mood to discuss.

Unfortunately foxy, not everyone is convinced by your false concern and bland rhetoric. Actions speak louder than words and not only have you been inactive on this issue you've not exactly been vocal in standing up for a fellow community, like Winn Gardens, that could be losing a valued community asset.

I, after watching you closely at various community meetings, can see through the falseness to your true patronising, self indulgent personality.

How can you comment on my patronising, self indulgence in community meetings on one hand and then say I haven't been vocal in standing up for Winn. Please explain yourself.

Incidentally, I can't actually recall the last 'community meeting' I attended, if you could enlighten me on that I'd be pleased.

How can you comment on my patronising, self indulgence in community meetings on one hand and then say I haven't been vocal in standing up for Winn. Please explain yourself.

Incidentally, I can't actually recall the last 'community meeting' I attended, if you could enlighten me on that I'd be pleased.

If you read my quote properly I was saying that you hadn't been as vocal in standing up for the Wisewood community as you have for your own Winn Gardens community despite the fact that it will affect your kids as much as anybody else's in that area.

But of course you have to watch what you say now that you're a quasi council worker (volunteer).

As for the last community meeting; remember the one about the flood held at Hillsborough Park bowling pavilion where you just sat there stuffing your face with free food and being extremely patronising to people who'd been flooded at Hillsborough corner.

Actions speak louder than words foxy!