Your worst experience flying!

My worst experience flying was on the way to Australia and I was watching Kill Bill on the in flight entertainment. 15 minutes before the film ended and after 20 hours flying the pilot announced he was turning it off as we had almost arrived in Sydney. I never did find out what happened at the end.

Earlier in the same flight they had also completely run out of tonic water and little teddy bears with flying helmet and googles. All in all a pretty miserable journey.

I have actually seen 3 aircraft crash,2 RAF Hunters and 1 Spirit of St Louis replica at Coventry airshow.The first hunter crashed on landing the enquiry stated "this a/c landed too low and too fast(pilot error)".The second one was at RAF Tengah Singapore,almost the whole station saw this as the pilot was doing a singles aerobatic rehearsal for an air show.He went into a straight climb everything went quiet until the bang of the ejector seat.The aircraft came back down and leveled off and carried on for a bit.The story is true but has since been embellished a bit in that the pilot landed safely and was in the bar having a drink before his a/c landed!The Spirit of St Louis a/c the wings just seemed to crumple,unfortunately the pilot died.

My worst experience is flying in a Shackleton from RAF Ballykelly to RCAF Summerside in Prince Edward Island via Keflavik we left about 6am and about 2 hrs into the flight the a/c dropped suddenly ( we found out after about 150ft).In a Shackleton there are seats for the crew but not for passengers and there were an extra 12 groundcrew on board sitting any where that was reasonably comfortable and warm.As you can imagine everything and every one went up in the air and things were a bit chaotic,but no injuries or damage to the a/c,which was lucky as we were mid Antlantic at the time.The best thing is that we had an old Flight Segeant with us who had spent all his time on recruit training.Ballykelly is a very wet and windy airfield so we wore whatever to try and keep dry and warm not much uniform amongst it so he was always on our backs.When we landed in Canada he called us together and apologised saying he never realised what we had to put up with.

Buck don't take as much luggage in future.

I had one or two magic moments in the Fleet Air Arm too. One occasion, I scheduled a flight at RNAS Culdrose for a Dominie to fly four wrens to the Scilly's for a little R and R. I took the seat just behind and starboard of the pilot with the only other headset . We had just taken off when the pilot told me we had to go back because the port engine had shut down. So I told the girls and watched as four faces turned white. I never worried because a Dominie would fly anywhere on one engine. It was nicknamed the cloth bomber in the RN.

I just hate flying full stop. Its completley and utterly boring, So I guess my worst experience would have to be the flight I took to thailand in 2004.

The only time i could say I was mildly interested was during a particularly heavy landing at gatwick in March 2003, though it was an airbus and just sorted itself out anyway.

When checking in I like to ask slightly loudly if its a boeing or not, as whenever you hear of a plane crashing, its almost always a boeing.

"they knew what they were doing when they bought their tickets, I say let em crash" - from Airplane

My worst experience was in 2003 - i was on a north sea oil rig and due to go home. I worked the night shift and planned to fly home the morning. due to the bad weather the chopper was delayed for about 6 hrs so eventually we boarded. It's usually a 45 min chopper ride to the shetlands and then a normal plane to aberdeen, but it was decided we were going to fly the 4 hrs straight to aberdeen in the chopper. after not so long the chopper dropped out of the sky - hovering just above sea level with the pilots shouting to brace for impact!! we spent what seamt hours on this critical alert before it limped back to aberdeen about 30ft above sea level!! As soon as we touched down there were the fire engines everywhere!!!! (turned out the computers went belly up and showed a fire on board!!)

I just hate flying full stop. Its completley and utterly boring, So I guess my worst experience would have to be the flight I took to thailand in 2004.

The only time i could say I was mildly interested was during a particularly heavy landing at gatwick in March 2003, though it was an airbus and just sorted itself out anyway.

When checking in I like to ask slightly loudly if its a boeing or not, as whenever you hear of a plane crashing, its almost always a boeing.

"they knew what they were doing when they bought their tickets, I say let em crash" - from Airplane

I have crossed the Atlantic over 25 times, most of them in Boeings of one kind or another, along with DC10s. L1011s, and more recently Airbus 300s of Aer Lingus. I prefer Boeings over any of them. If more Boeings have crashed worldwide its because there are a lot more of them especially 737s. I you want real risk fly in an Ilyushin, I have and never again. Airbus are not free of crashes either, especially the American Airlines A300 that crashed into the Rockway section of NYC when the tail came off.

I have been in a plane crash before. Coming back from Canary Islands in 1995 we hit the runway at Manchester and the undercarriage went. We were sliding on the wing until we stopped.

The fire crews were excellent with their response time. We had barely stopped and the plane was covered in foam. We even had to go down the slides, and they are bigger than you think.

It didn't affect me at the time, I was fine with what was going one. However' now I do get nervous when landing and taking off.

The next day it was headlined of the star front page with: THE GREAT ESCAPE. When I saw that i realized how lucky we actually were.

I remember flying back from the USA a couple of years ago. There were no first class seats left, had to travel back with the Wayne and Waynetta's. Now that was truly horrendous.

:hihi:

I had one or two magic moments in the Fleet Air Arm too. four wrens to the Scilly's for a little R and R.

I bet,magic moment foiled uh?Hard Luck.

my mums parents were killed in a plane crash in france when she was 5. Thats bad. She flies though, I dint know if i would.

I've been pretty luckyish when we came back from New York our flight was delayed by a couple of hrs so we had to wait around in JFK. Apart from that the worst thing to happen is not getting a window seat!