Heeley Memories

On 11/05/2020 at 20:43, Orangepip said:

Guy Morton is my brother in  law 

Hi Orangepip, does Guy still live in the Sheffield area.

On 18/12/2007 at 18:27, DUFFEMS said:

Someone mentioned the Gillott surname, does anyone know any of them or are there any who come on this post as I'm doing a bit of family research and Gillott is one of the surnames in my family along with Norton & Aspinall, all from Heeley/Meersbrook as I was too.

Regards,

Duffems

Just been trawling through Heeley memories and noticed you have the Aspinall surname in your family.  My grandmother Alice Aspinall lived at 72 Upper Valley Road  Meersbrook.  Would be interested to know if there is any connection.

Regards Tezza G

12 hours ago, TezzaG said:

Just been trawling through Heeley memories and noticed you have the Aspinall surname in your family.  My grandmother Alice Aspinall lived at 72 Upper Valley Road  Meersbrook.  Would be interested to know if there is any connection.

Regards Tezza G

Tezza G,

I recall an Aspinall family member living at that address when I lived at 130, Upper Valley Road in the early 60's, I seem to remember a Nats Aspinall living there with presumably his mother. I believe there's a family connection to my Aspinall line but, not sure without checking, I don't have Ancestry at the moment.

Regards,

Duffems

9 hours ago, DUFFEMS said:

Tezza G,

I recall an Aspinall family member living at that address when I lived at 130, Upper Valley Road in the early 60's, I seem to remember a Nats Aspinall living there with presumably his mother. I believe there's a family connection to my Aspinall line but, not sure without checking, I don't have Ancestry at the moment.

Regards,

Duffems

That sounds like my uncle Harold , I remember my mother Alice referring to him as our natters.  I don’t think he would have been living with my grandmother in the 60’s as he married Alice Booth from Cambridge Street Heeley and I remember going to their house on Harborough  Avenue Manor Park when I was still at Ann’s Road school in the late 50’s. His sister Nellie Aspinall married  Basil Croft a Heeley lad he sadly passed away in March this year at the grand age of106 (apparently Sheffield’s oldest man) There was a younger brother Ernest and another brother who I believe was adopted by my grandmother  Geoff Swinscoe  who married Pauline from Hollythorpe, they lived at the top of Upper Albert Road.  Both Ernest and Geoff worked at Laycocks.  My grandfather Charles and Uncle Harold both worked at Dickinsons on Heeley bottom. 

Regards  TezzaG

On 10/06/2020 at 16:31, TezzaG said:

Hi Orangepip, does Guy still live in the Sheffield area.

Yes he lives at Owlthorpe, not far from Crystal Peaks

On 15/04/2020 at 11:42, Janet Olsen said:

My grandparents used to own the shop right at the top of Boyton St. Dyson's. This would be going back to the early 1950's.

Hi Janet, hope I am speaking to the right Janet?? are you still in Oz?