Heeley Memories

yes lol knight did live on thornborough road .i last saw him about 18 months ago in town .i heard he died about a year ago he was about 74 . he was a real tough customer i never heard of anyone fighting him on the field on thornborough road i think if they had they would have been planted in theground

I never did really believe him, Another myth from the past which wasn't true.

Hazel

hi tosh . the son the cantrells had if i remember right i think his name was ross cantrell

tinker wonder if you will pass on my regaurds to sue next time you see her,I have a boy of 23,and a girl 29.I know she had a little girl the last time i saw her,did she marry keith? Are they still together?You may remember my sister barbara, she use to look after our family in 1960s when my mum died then?she still in sheffield.I have another sister also.Funny old world my son lives on myrtle road,but he was born in norfolk!Anyway mate have a good xmas,its nice to hear from you,What schools were you at?

Hi,

I went to Anns rd around 1953 at 5 years old, I lived on Kent rd behind the wagon. Played on the docker, got into the Heeley Green pictures for a token off a packet of tea and queued up every saturday morning for the kids matinee at the Heeley Palace.

regards

chumpy do you remember jean and sam,who had a son called paul,they were called heathcote,they lived in the first big yard on the other side of kent rd to the pub?I went to visit them regularly.kath

Originally posted by tinker

hi tosh . the son the cantrells had if i remember right i think his name was ross cantrell

Yes It was Ross he was a nice bloke,Mr & Mrs Cantrell were great neighbours & I used to help with the weeding in there back garden.very nice people.

Does anyone remember Harry Robertson he had a club foot lived a few doors down from me at 21 Foster Road,he was a smashing old guy,used to tell us tales about the war etc: & The Cartlidges John & he had a younger sister I think her name was Julie ,who used to knock about with my sister Jayne.

Kath,

don't know about his parents but I remember Paul Heathcoat, he lived in the same yard as me in the first house.

I lived at no 21 next to the Constantine family.

My name's Mike Greatbatch and me and my sister Shelagh lived there till I was about 7, we had a dog called Patch.

regards

hiya chumpy ..i just wondered if you knew someone called depledge who lived at the end of forster road near cambridge road as he was my grandad he lived there in 1950s up to 1975 ?

Tinker,

now it gets complicated, I knew Joe Depledge and his son John very well, p.m me for more detail.

regards

hi kath please check your pm box for details