Heeley Memories

Hi Boston,

As I said, memory plays funny tricks. I remember Andy in Annes Road but not later. We must have been in the same year at Newfield.

hi ctr960 Newfield 73-77

Some other names I can recall from Heeley and from that time at Newfield

Gary Beadham

Ricky Mayfield

Mark Foster

Andy Kidder

Mick Henstock

Desmond Smithson

Martin Pacan

Russel Fearn

Carl Bradford

Glen Radford

John Jepson

David Long

David Baxby

Gary Miller

hi ctr960 Newfield 73-77

Some other names I can recall from Heeley and from that time at Newfield

Gary Beadham

Ricky Mayfield

Mark Foster

Andy Kidder

Mick Henstock

Desmond Smithson

Martin Pacan

Russel Fearn

Carl Bradford

Glen Radford

John Jepson

David Long

David Baxby

Gary Miller

Hi Boston,

I remember Carl Bradford. He went in the Navy after Newfield, but finished just before the Falklands. I also recognise a few other names; Mark Foster and Andy Kidder, who I think both went to Heeley Bank; and Mick Henstock who was in Annes Road --- when he turned up!! Where are they now....?

Did Gary Beadham have a brother called Terry.

Hi Tosh

Yes Terry and another older brother, they lived up near to where Spencer and Richards roads met.

Hi DUFFEMS,

I believe you said that you lived on upper valley road, and went to carfield school. I lived on rushdale and went to carfield from 1949 to1964.

Where abouts on upper did you live , anywhere near duckers, or memmots.

Might know you.Anyone else on here from MEERSBROOK.

DAVIDED

i lived at meersbrook on bishopscourt road,my brother hung around with loads of people from all round the area

david findlay

gary and norman robinson

stephen mackinson

steven osullivan

and many more i cant recall all there names,i hung round with

jane wood

jane white

jill burgin

wendy goddard

catherine goddard

paul ballin

lola de luca

glynis radford

jill cole

mark wolstenholme

kevin glaves i knew from newfield school

also many more from the area,there are alot registered on friends re united ,

Hi Tosh

Yes Terry and another older brother, they lived up near to where Spencer and Richards roads met.

I was a mate of Terry's, he was a good lad , we had loads of laughs.

Does anyone remember Jane Molloy, she lived on Molloy Street off Albert Road.

It must have been great living on a street with the same name as yours.

hello heeleyite joseph depledge ( john depledges brother ) was my grandad he lived in heeley he also had another brother harry who lived at blackpool .

Hi,

Can you tell me any more about your Depledges? I have some in my family and am stuck! I have been told that my great-great grandad Henry Depledge formerly of Egerton Hotel Sheffield, moved to Blackpool.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you tell me any more about your Depledges? I have some in my family and am stuck! I have been told that my great-great grandad Henry Depledge formerly of Egerton Hotel Sheffield, moved to Blackpool.

Thanks.

the depledge that i knew that moved to blackpool was called harry this would be in perhaps 1950s .

Sandford Grove Road was great sledging, sharp bend half way down, then a final turn onto Marden or Gatefield road, and trying to put he brakes on before Abbeydale Road. I ski in Vermont but it's no more exciting thsn that was.

Boy, do i remember doing that!, we used to have a great laugh sliding down sandford grove on big cement bags that my dad bought home, i was at the machon bank end though leading onto sheldon road, chelsea and meersbrook park were good fun too in winter :)

hello all you heeley people do any of you remember mary carrs hairdressers, i think it was at the top end of albert road, used to drink down heeley regular, knew a girl who worked at the hairdressers early 70s, her name was june, cannot remember her surname, but her mother and her stepfather were conductors on the old sheffield transport, worked there for years, i think he mothers name was ethel dont remeber her stepdads name but i think his surname was ridge, they lived at the bottom of albert rd, hope some one can remember them, june would be about 55/56 now

thanks

hello all you heeley people do any of you remember mary carrs hairdressers, i think it was at the top end of albert road, used to drink down heeley regular, knew a girl who worked at the hairdressers early 70s, her name was june, cannot remember her surname, but her mother and her stepfather were conductors on the old sheffield transport, worked there for years, i think he mothers name was ethel dont remeber her stepdads name but i think his surname was ridge, they lived at the bottom of albert rd, hope some one can remember them, june would be about 55/56 now

thanks

My Mum used to go to that hairdressers & my kid sister used to sweep up on saturday mornings.