Heeley Memories

I was born in 1946 at number 123 Nicholson Road, just about opposite Carter Place, we moved to 48 Nicholson Road, not sure when or why. I know Keith Drew who was the same age as me, we went to school together, Anns road and then Newfield. I can remember having so much fun in the area, sledging down Nicholson road in the winter, having adventures on the Docker at the top of Kent road. happy days

Hey Oil Man, we moved to 103 Nicholson Rd, about 10 houses away from yours but you may have moved to no 48 before we were there. I'm going to guess who you are, I'll PM you.

Always good to hear from local people.

Cheers, 4x2

Hey Oil Man, we moved to 103 Nicholson Rd, about 10 houses away from yours but you may have moved to no 48 before we were there. I'm going to guess who you are, I'll PM you.

Always good to hear from local people.

Cheers, 4x2

Does anyone remember Edna Warrington, lived on Slate Street?

I was born in 1946 at number 123 Nicholson Road, just about opposite Carter Place, we moved to 48 Nicholson Road, not sure when or why. I know Keith Drew who was the same age as me, we went to school together, Anns road and then Newfield. I can remember having so much fun in the area, sledging down Nicholson road in the winter, having adventures on the Docker at the top of Kent road. happy days

I was born at 141 ,in 1951near the bottom and moved to 121 in 1953, by grandparents lived at 125, Stephens, my family name is Coupe

Does anyone remember Edna Warrington, lived on Slate Street?

Hey Billam, no knowledge of Edna, Slate St. being too far away from the centre of the known universe (AKA Heeley Green) But I do remember Alan Dale and the Olive Grove. Strangely enough I'm just sat in the middle of my own olive grove right now.

Cheers, 4x2

Hey Billam, no knowledge of Edna, Slate St. being too far away from the centre of the known universe (AKA Heeley Green) But I do remember Alan Dale and the Olive Grove. Strangely enough I'm just sat in the middle of my own olive grove right now.

Cheers, 4x2

Hi there, I used to visit the Olive Grove disco, Alan was my cousin, sadly he died two years ago, great times at the Olive.

Hi there, I used to visit the Olive Grove disco, Alan was my cousin, sadly he died two years ago, great times at the Olive.

Hey Billam, I agree, great times, I think I went between '66 to '69 possibly.

There were other DJ's played the Olive at various times. I remember a trip from the Olive out to Hathersage one night, a coach was laid on, I seem to remember

strong drink was taken and the unruly mob were unwelcome. Me and my mate missed the coach back, not sure how we got back to Heeley, could have walked!

Ate logo,

4x2

---------- Post added 10-09-2018 at 11:58 ----------

Ola! Heeley, here are a couple of pictures of Nicholson Place/Carter Place

https://ibb.co/easbFU

https://ibb.co/mWZOvU

Cheers,

4x2

Hey Billam, I agree, great times, I think I went between '66 to '69 possibly.

There were other DJ's played the Olive at various times. I remember a trip from the Olive out to Hathersage one night, a coach was laid on, I seem to remember

strong drink was taken and the unruly mob were unwelcome. Me and my mate missed the coach back, not sure how we got back to Heeley, could have walked!

Ate logo,

4x2

---------- Post added 10-09-2018 at 11:58 ----------

Ola! Heeley, here are a couple of pictures of Nicholson Place/Carter Place

https://ibb.co/easbFU

https://ibb.co/mWZOvU

Cheers,

4x2

Hi there,he used to run trips out to Lathkildale, saw Joe Cocker at the Olive, he had go go dancers on sometimes, I went to Alan,s wedding in Hull around 1972.

Can any of you tell me how I can get hold of a photograph of the old cottages which used to stand almost opposite Heeley Church on Gleadless Road. I think they were knocked down in either the late fifties or early sixties I've searched Picture Sheffield, but no luck. There must be some record of them somewhere, I hope some one can point me in the right direction.

My wife and her brothers and sisters lived there as children, and would love to see aphoto of them.

There are several pictures on sheffield pictures of cottages.

Edited by smary

There are several pictures on sheffield pictures of cottages.

Thanks, I have checked before, but I'll try again and see if any have been added.

Edited by Thorpy

Can any of you tell me how I can get hold of a photograph of the old cottages which used to stand almost opposite Heeley Church on Gleadless Road. I think they were knocked down in either the late fifties or early sixties I've searched Picture Sheffield, but no luck. There must be some record of them somewhere, I hope some one can point me in the right direction.

My wife and her brothers and sisters lived there as children, and would love to see aphoto of them.

Joining the Facebook group Heeley Past and Present might be fruitful. I have seen at least one picture on there of a cottage that used to stand opposite the church, A stone fronted one that stood parallel to the road.