Heeley Memories

We always knew it as Skeltons Walk, whether that is its' actual name I don't know but, as Skeltons was the name of the works down there that's where it probably got its' name.

I think it was also known as Sheaf Bank but, again, that was the name of the works down there.

I think it actually came out on Sark Road but, again, I could be wrong, anyway, it was scary down there!

Regards,

Duffems

It was Sark Road my childhood friend lived at the house in the yard at the top, and I lived on Guernsey Road. Prior to that my parents had the shop at the bottom of Tillotson opposite Morrison's fruit shop

Edited by Orangepip

I'm fascinated by the post on Old Heeley,I lived there from 1951 to 1971.

The Skeletons Walk was known to me as Skely,s Bridge witch I walked through to work for many years.

Thanks Billy

I'm fascinated by the post on Old Heeley,I lived there from 1951 to 1971.

The Skeletons Walk was known to me as Skely,s Bridge witch I walked through to work for many years.

Thanks Billy

Thats the name I knew it by too

Thanks for your reply, I am new to this forum and don't do social media but you do seem to remember and retain good memories and my life in Heeley is one of them. I attended Ann's Road school and Newfield Boys till about 1967-8.

Thanks Billy

Thanks for your reply, I am new to this forum and don't do social media but you do seem to remember and retain good memories and my life in Heeley is one of them. I attended Ann's Road school and Newfield Boys till about 1967-8.

Thanks Billy

My hubby left Newfield in 66, but we both lived around Heeley all our lives up to 1998

He would probably recall a sports teacher we nicknamed Jo Bugner after the boxer who's name I don't remember.Just a flashback he introduced rugby I recall.

Thanks Billy

He would probably recall a sports teacher we nicknamed Jo Bugner after the boxer who's name I don't remember.Just a flashback he introduced rugby I recall.

Thanks Billy

No he can't remember him but then he was never a fan of sports at school, or in fact a fan of school

Any of these ring a bell?

"Quack" Staley, "Huskey" Fox, Dougie Wilkinson, "Keg" Turner, Ted Ellis ?

Quack Staley is my older brother, he lives in Birmingham now and has just come through a major operation to remove a tumour from his brain, all the other names I rememberas mates of my brother.

Quack Staley is my older brother, he lives in Birmingham now and has just come through a major operation to remove a tumour from his brain, all the other names I rememberas mates of my brother.

Wish him a godspeed recovery from one time classmate Tony Rastrick.

Thanks for the response, it's the very first connection (albeit indirect) I have made with the kids I went to school with.

You might have known my younger brother Roy from the Arbourthorne. He had a reunion a couple years ago for his Heeley Bank pals, and our old teacher Miss Benn was a very special guest.

I remember going to your house on Sturge Street at lunchtimes, to watch the first TV I had ever seen.

Best!

Scaleman...it has to be L . Do you remember the Adams girl's Anne & Kathleen & Rita Johnson. I went to my first ever football match with you Wednesday of course. You probably don't remember but I certainly do.

Anns road is correct and it is the Forty Nine Steps leading from Shirebrook Road Anybody remember Robert Pidd & Richard Dring?

Scaleman...it has to be L . Do you remember the Adams girl's Anne & Kathleen & Rita Johnson. I went to my first ever football match with you Wednesday of course. You probably don't remember but I certainly do.

Are they (the Adams) related to the Adams at corner of Myrtle Rd /East Bank Rd?

They had a Wednesday connection.