Heeley Memories

the old Anns Grove School (now called Sum Studios) will be open tomorrow as part of the Heritage Open Day weekend. You can look inside the first building completed on the site (Sum B) and find out more about what's planned the other two buildings - plus the new Anns Grove School is open too and Heeley History will be there with books and displays. There's more info about the event here; http://goo.gl/rq6Xdb and about Sum Studios; http://www.sumstudios.co.uk

---------- Post added 13-09-2013 at 18:10 ----------

sorry forgot to add - if you have any photos of the old school please could you bring them along as an archive of images is being put together to record it's history.

Banksia ....old posting but what family name are you

We are the Marsdens from Albert Road

Would you be related to 'Roderick Marsden?'. 'Used to go to Carfield and in the seniors I knew a Roderick Marsden.

It seems lots of Heeley residents of the 1950's have spread themslves far and wide

Ken Foster down in Cornwall others in Toronto, Perth west Aus, even Skegness! Roderick Marsden .. Now in Shrewsbury Mind you most seem retired

Anyone remember Miss Tesh from Carfield Secondary School? Mrs Hodgson, Mr Vasey Miss Cowley Mr Williams, Mr Callaghan and many more!

I didn't live in Heeley, but knew some of the Garnetts, there seemed to be 'hundreds' of them!!!

David Garnham was in my class and is now in Toronto!

Edited by Ginger007
Misspelt

Hi Ginger,

You have woken up my memory. Do I remember Miss Tesh. I was in her class when we were Annexed at Anns Road School from Carfield. Miss Tesh was absolutely beautiful. We had Miss Tesh for all of the first year of our moving to Anns Road School. The memory of her will live with me forever.

Ken. (Foster). Ex of Valley Road, Meersbrook.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 11:22 ----------

P.S. Left school 31st. March 1959. Started work next day in small steel works by The Jessops Hospital, Portobello. (Road).

I had a friend whos back door was in View Road,.....................her name was Carol Tomlinson.......................

Is anyone related to any Goodison people from Heeley?

I'm doing family history research and, even though I lived in Heeley/Meersbrook until 1970 when I married I only vaguely knew one of one Goodison person named Suzanne Goodison who lived on View/Prospect Road.

Another name I'm trying to research from the area is Preen from Heeley area or anyone who could tell me anything about families particularly Goodisons who lived on Florence Place.

Regards,

Duffems

I am a Goodison and from Sheffield. My family lived just of city road, but I do remember my gran grew up around Heeley area and we had rellies over crookes area.

Hello Roger Harrison, I remember you ,I used to live "up steps" above your Yard.I also remember all those names The Neaths lived at the bottom of Carter Road next to the beer off, as I remember Mrs Neath was something to do with the British Legion and if ever we had a "Do" we always had to go and ask Mrs Neath if we could borrow her Tea Urn! Lovely to hear from You...A.

---------- Post added 21-05-2014 at 15:00 ----------

Hi Ken, I remember Miss Tesh very well, she was lovely someone once told me she lived on Queen Victoria Road at Bradway and i always think about her even to this day,all those teachers names are familiar to me....A