Heeley Memories

Hi' date='Does any one remember a lad called Clive barber,his sisters name was Carol who used to live down valley road on a side road called Bradbury street,which i don't think exists any more,the last time i heard from him was a long time ago and i heard he had moved to the batemoor estate,he was a Great friend and we used to hang around together at heeley green.[/quote']

Clive barber used to be at Carfield School with me and my husband.

Duffems

Well I have to say Congratulations Betty & Tony, your "Boat" has not only come in, it's cruised in big style, you deserve every penny of the £100,000, you won. Your Brenda and your mum will be watching over you.I will never forget your promise to take care of my mum when she was in the "Lees" and your Christine brought your mum to see her,

Betty enjoy your retirement years and give the ball a mighty kick.Well Done!

Just logged onto the forum today for the first time for ages and read your loveley comments. Thanks for your good wishes. Hope you are well!

Thorpy, Well in case you missed it the first time, it was on again last Saturday, and I watched it through again from start to finish as though I didn't know the outcome!!

I just looking at heeley memories i also lived in heeley on albert rd near the bottom from 1956/67 i went to carfield schl until 1962 when crfld snr shut down .ifinished my last two yrs at newfield schl i remember some teachers names also the picturehouses/ shops i spent a lot of time in meersbrook park playing footy with friends. it would be nice to find out about any old school mates or people who i knew from heeley here are some names i remember john holland,alan howson,alan turner,glin eastwood,george dodo who lived just below me in albert rd alan norman sister betty, jane /steven woods,ian benton who i believe went to live on the east coast . jane kershaw,christine hawley,:thumbsup:

Clive barber used to be at Carfield School with me and my husband.

Duffems

blade fan i also new clive barber as a school boy also i worked whith him on the sheffield buses i believe he lives in eckington now havent seen him for a few years now. i have put a small note on page 28 i hope someone can help with the names i have ask about. :thumbsup:

Hi Len and welcome to the forum.Tosh

Hi again,

We both attended Carrfield Schools as we both lived on Upper Valley Road . We later moved to Alexandra Road & Albert Road respectively and still attended Carrfield Secondary but were sent to Anns Road which had an Annexe for the overspill from Carrfield. In 1962 when Carrfield closed down we went to Newfield Boys and wifey (cleverclogs) to Brincliffe Grammar School. Wife lived next door to George Bowers milkman on Alexandra Road and I lived next door to Frank Wornes milkman on Albert Road, he was always in the pub , a very obvious sign was his three-wheeler bike with the milkcrate-front parked outside! We moved from Heeley when we married in 1970.

We remember Drakes shop on Anns Road, Drakey had 2 daughters who went to school with us.The other local shops we recall are Thorntons greengrocers, Beets greengrocers (corner of Alexandra & Anns Road) Woolhouses newsagents on Anns Road, Schofields barbers whose son went to school with us and many more! Spent many an hour walking up and down 49 steps, cross Plantation Road and up past the Shakespeare when "courting" as it was then and also many a cold snog in passages!

I DUFFEMS I lived just down from u at72 albert rd 1956/67 went 2 carfield school then 2 newfield when carfield snr shut down. my family lived there for a few yearslonger when my family moved. i rember franks worns jims corner shop i have a piece asking 4 info on people i used to go to school with if u have any info please let me know.

I just looking at heeley memories i also lived in heeley on albert rd near the bottom from 1956/67 i went to carfield schl until 1962 when crfld snr shut down .ifinished my last two yrs at newfield schl i remember some teachers names also the picturehouses/ shops i spent a lot of time in meersbrook park playing footy with friends. it would be nice to find out about any old school mates or people who i knew from heeley here are some names i remember john holland,alan howson,alan turner,glin eastwood,george dodo who lived just below me in albert rd alan norman sister betty, jane /steven woods,ian benton who i believe went to live on the east coast . jane kershaw,christine hawley,:thumbsup:

Hi I lived on Valley Rd opposite the butchers, I also went to Carfield and then two years at Newfield. I remember all the names you mentioned apart from a couple do you remember Nina Hughes Jean Watt and Joan Miller what about George Webster, I finished my two years at Newfield with Christine Hawley and Jane Kershaw.

I alan i can't remember your name or joan, george I remember nina, jean, christine,jane they was in the same class as me at carfield. My name is john hayway i used to go in meersbrook park a lot to play footy we always played at the bottom near the old nursury. If u come up with anything else please get in touch

Hi I was married to Cliff, 1970 lived on Richards road untill we split up he now lives on Tillotson rise with his wife Jackie.

HI Chrys,

Not been on this for ages, but i take it was cliff beck. He was the oldest i think?

HI Barry, Ihave not been on this for ages,don't know if your tony told you we had chatted once. Just thought i would say hi, and hope you are keeping ok. I like to look on here now and again as it brings back so many memories.